Thrid-Party Manufacturing Buyer
Third-Party Manufacturing Buyer
Part of the Global Procurement team, leveraging the global supplier network in the space of Third-Party Manufacturing (3PM) to support the Upfield growth agenda.
The Third-party Manufacturing buyer is a key role in the Procurement team. Reporting to the Procurement Manager for Third-party manufacturing, it contributes to the development and implementation of the procurement plans to deliver value creation and service levels to our customers.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Working with us means you will be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – across the world. What you do here will get noticed.
- In your role as the Third-party manufacturing buyer you will have to gain business wide support for and implement subcategory sourcing plans that quickly deliver tangible results.
- Build effective relationships engaging with stakeholders across functions and country business units that maximize and drive continuous improvement.
- Measure and benchmark performance to ensure that Upfield has the most competitive cost base in your category.
- Drive innovation programs in your subcategory to continually search for cost saving opportunities, new technologies, new products and new suppliers that contribute to the overall strategy of the business.
- Develop tender strategies and tender tool utilization.
- Identifying and prioritizing opportunities to deliver total cost of ownership savings in your categories and driving the implementation of the plans to capture those opportunities is essential.
- By establishing & plotting the strategic sourcing strategy for the Third-party Manufacturing portfolio, while building effective relationships with stakeholders across functions, you will quickly deliver results.
- You will be responsible for measuring and benchmarking conversion costs and raw material prices regionally to ensure that Upfield has the most competitive cost base for their products.
- You will proactively manage supplier relationships to deliver cost & cash results regarding quality and service levels.
- Next to that you will drive continuous improvement programs with suppliers to continually search for cost saving opportunities, new technologies, new products and new suppliers that contribute to the overall strategy of the business.
Skills and Experience Required
- To be successful in this role, you will have a minimum of 2 years of Third-party Manufacturing procurement experience and a track record of delivering cost and cash results.
- You have good knowledge and a quick understanding of cost models.
- Experience in large companies (ideally FMCG) is desirable.
- You have a Master’s degree.
- You have strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, the ability to thrive with ambiguity, change and minimum processes and systems.
- You are a self-starter, results oriented and able to engage with stakeholders.
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication in English
- Enjoy working in a virtual and multicultural working environment
Reporting Channel, Contacts and Travel:
- Procurement Buyer Third-party Manufacturing reports to Procurement Manager Third-party Manufacturing.
- Internal work-relation: Procurement Global and Cluster teams, Logistics team, Finance business partners, central planning team.
- External: Suppliers: Commercial management of Key Suppliers, Agents, professional organization, industry bodies.
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Want to make an impact where it matters?
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet. We have got iconic brands like Rama, Becel, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We have been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we have only just getting started. We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers. If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the CPG business.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that is free from plastic.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our planet. We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
It is important that you enjoy working in a fast-paced/moving environment and it will require hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You will have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we will give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal