At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Care and Passion define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities. Our mission at Upfield is to continue to be the largest plant based consumer packed goods and to remove all plastix by 2025.
From the outside we might look like a traditional business, but inside our marketing is on a rocket ship to insurgency and that’s why we need YOU!
As Quality Manager, you are responsible for quality in the customer and consumer facing segment of the Quality organization.
The role is focused on Quality in the customer facing operations, implementing, executing, improving, ensuring compliance to Upfield standards and regulatory standards, and providing technical quality support to customers, local marketing and sales teams for in market quality issues, consumer care line support (complaint reporting and analysis), on-shelf assessments/improvements and incident/issue management.
In addition, you are responsible to manage 3rd party manufacturers in the region from quality perspective:
1. First point of contact
2. Technical visits
3. Track performance and lead improvement projects
4. Lead performance reviews
Also to be accountable for several responsibilities such as;
- Acts as liaison between 3rd party sites, planning, logistics and warehouse to meet spend and identify opportunities for efficiencies.
- Prepares leadership reports and communications regarding quality issues in logistics, country and manufacturing operations that affect the cluster and ensures improvement plans are in place and monitored through regular review
- Responsible for supporting QMS compliance at 3rd party, warehouses & logistics as needed to meet marketplace needs.
- Performs internal audits and gives follow up for external audits and corrective actions.
- Initiates and supports quality and food safety improvement initiatives with marketing, sales and supply chain
- Initiates activities aimed at managing quality issues with customers and channels including rejections, complaints, technical support, product handling and customer waste reduction
- Provides Quality requirements for physical product returns from customers and provides disposition approval (where needed).
- Provides interface with care lines for customer and consumer alert triggers and feedback data
- Ensures regular market place on-shelf product assessments are carried out, data is analyzed and improvement projects are activated and followed up
- Provides coaching and input to warehouses, manufacturing sites , assemblers / re-packers and corporate office teams during external regulatory body audits & inspections (with input from Regulatory Affairs and Legal)
- Import/ export: Ensures re-codification of product when required, ensure local registration of import product to comply with legislation, raise issues and drive improvements.
- Initiates and prepares Inter-company Quality documents for cross border inter-Unilever FG import, validates first shipment quality and monitors on-going quality of FG received
- Ensures instant shelf audits are completed for new innovations and promotions to provide timely feedback
- Defines Quality requirements for Licensing & Franchise contracts through Quality manuals and written standards and ensures regulatory compliance
- Bachelor or master degree in industrial or technical and process, chemical, food engineer or similar area.
- Experience in Food Industry and microbiology
- 5 years' experience in Quality, Planning, Logistics, Customer Service, Engineering or R&D.
- Project Management skills with experience in Customer facing role, Logistics or R&D.
- Excellent communication skills
- Open and exploratory mindset with high bias for action & stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work with teams outside and within Upfield
- English and Portuguese needed
- Auditor skills in GFSI schemes such as FSSC22000, BRF, SQF
- Knowledge implementing HACCP, food defense, food fraud, sanitary design
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!