At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Becel, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities. We work in Insurgent Culture with a talented and hungry team, demonstrating Unconditional Delivery Mindset each day. We act like owners, pick up the phone & get it done!
About the role!
The new position of Sales Controller is created for partnering Retail Sales Team, being their main point of contact and giving full support for their requests. You will be responsible for control of trade investment, customers’ performance management and embedding Net Revenue management fundamentals in the business to maximize growth & profit opportunities. Role reports to Head of Finance and until Q4 2020 will be based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Q4 2021 planned move to Amsterdam).
Your Main Responsibilities:
- In-year business delivery across all Retail customer accounts (Market Share, Net sales & EBIT, Cash & Working Capital)
- Provide analytics and insights to drive business performance (growth and profit) and inform pricing, investment and innovation decisions
- Analyze and Optimize promo spend behind priorities and measure performance to drive ROI
- Guard one source of finance data to maintain finance credibility
- Drive tight trade investment control & efficiency assessment for better return
- Lead financial forecasting/budgeting and longer-term strategic planning processes
- Regular exposure to Management with presenting latest Sales results/estimations
- Business Cases preparation and follow up
- Responsibility for Daily Sales reporting improvements
- Embed Net Revenue Management fundamentals across the business
- A very strong academic record
- Professional Accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA) and solid reporting and control skill-set
- Commercial business partnering experience (especially in Sales controlling) within FMCG with proven ability to deliver results
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization (cross-functional) with multiple stakeholders
- Very strong track record of delivery in previous Finance roles
- Prior experience in S4/SAP and BPC environment is a plus
- Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines
- Great communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical bias and fluency in Microsoft Excel is a must
- PowerPoint capability
- English profficiency
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!