Financial Analyst, Violife
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! and Imperial that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward each other, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have a passion to grow this business and we’re looking for the right people to share our passion – those that love what they do, come to play every day and not sit on the sidelines, and are looking for exciting career opportunities.
About the Role!
- Monthly/Quarterly/Annual forecasting, budgeting, and tracking of target plans.
- Monthly financial analysis on actuals results by comparing to forecast/budgets to drive insights that will improve business performance.
- Prepare flexible financial models with clean and insightful outputs.
- Develop reports that help our business counterparts measure performance and help to explain any variances to expectations.
- Develop and implement process improvements to manage, analyze and report on Advertising & Promotions, Trade Spend and Overheads with cross functional teams.
- Ad-hoc support through data analysis for various financial business scenarios and core business processes.
- Prepare monthly financial control activities including journal entries, reconciliations, review general ledger and variance analysis.
- Cash management including cheques/bank transactions, reconciliations, and cash forecasting.
- Support monthly closing process to ensure accurate and transparent representation of financial results.
- Deliver ad-hoc support to help resolve issues/disputes between internal functions or customers and shared services team.
The Finance Analyst has the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines; possession of strong organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to understand and establish appropriate priorities.
You possess very strong work ethic, positive team-player attitude, great communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of financial experience with strong analytical bias and excellent understanding of financial metrics and financial processes, required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Solid understanding of ERP and Reporting Systems, with SAP knowledge an asset.
- Professional accounting designation or in pursuit of a professional accounting qualification preferred.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.