R&D Local Deploy Lead-Pakistan
Job Title: R&D Local Deploy Lead
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We have got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We have been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The main purpose of the function is the technical delivery of innovations/renovation in Pakistan Business Unit on time in full, ensuring full applicable regulatory, quality, Halal and Food safety compliance of food product, packaging and labeling. He/she provides local technical input/insights into innovation projects to R&D, key Business Unit partners and external stakeholders (suppliers). He/she also supports the Business Unit, in activation of new/rejuvenated product launches where close teamwork is required with all relevant stakeholders.
The incumbent as a Technical Product Leader who will lead and land innovation/renovation/cost saving projects in Pakistan. As part of the RD Global team, incumbent is involved in projects in Pakistan either as a leading Manager or part of the team member. He/She have a responsibility on landing RD initiatives, program on ground.
As a key RD Person in Pakistan, incumbent is a key person that interacts with the all relevant stakeholders on delivery of approved projects.
- Leads the implementation of new product developments in Pakistan on time in full with clear project networks and ensuring full, regulatory, Quality, Halal and food safety compliances.
- Responsible for Project Leadership of projects -single point of accountability for technical delivery and responsible for communication with stakeholder(s) on all technical elements.
- Provides Technical input and insights into innovation projects to the R&D organization, Business Unit marketing, supply chain, technical compliance networks and external stakeholders (suppliers).
- Develops, trains, and executes R&D relevant product activations including training sales force with product knowledge.
- Guidance on technical supportability of advertising claims in communication with trade and consumers based on excellent technical, regulatory and competitor understanding.
- Deploy – support sales training and execution of projects in market.
- Ensures Quality and food safety of product at design level.
- Develop specifications of raw materials, packing materials, final products and processes with keeping in view all the concerns of all internal and external stakeholders.
- Make sure that 3p manufacturing processes run within quality and food safety limits defined as per capability of the processes.
- Carry out quality analysis on product and packaging at define frequency via Quality table.
- Drives compliance and delivery of projects in UPMS and gate documents including compliance checks and local requirements.
- Work closely with Supply Management and Supply Chain on local supply chain support activities e.g. value improvement, third party manufacturing support, alternative sourcing.
- Leads and lands RD driven agenda on ground.
- Manages product Specification and handles BOM
- Ensures Quality control / quality assurance of existing products.
- Assists Regulatory Affair teams on day-to-day basis for new development related projects.
- He/she has overall responsibility for delivery of innovation/renovation/cost reduction and compliances in in Pakistan Business Unit.
- Minimum university degree in food science or relevant science.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in, foods product development, project leadership, preferably in the context of complex, Regional and Global projects.
- Knowledge in plant-based food (Oils & Fats, Spreads including Chocolate spread, Margarine, cheese and cheese analogue, mayonnaise, non-dairy creams & dressings) Technology.
- Out of the box thinker.
- A team player with a can-do mentality. Problem solving attitude
- Self-starter, but can also work in a global framework
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt within a fast-changing environment.
- Strong communicator
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working time and remote work opportunity
- Multicultural, dynamic and entrepreneur environment full of development opportunities
- Great atmosphere in a team of ‘best in business’ Professionals
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!