New Century, KS
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! and Imperial that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward each other, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have a passion to grow this business and we’re looking for the right people to share our passion – those that love what they do, come to play every day and not sit on the sidelines, and are looking for exciting career opportunities.
About the Role!
At the direction of the Operations Director, the Site Operations Manager will lead manufacturing and maintenance activities in the factory to achieve desired financial and customer service objectives. The Site Operations Manager delivers site targets including service, costs, productivity, quality, innovation, OSHE and employee engagement. The Site Operations Manager leads the local management team to implement and sustain supply chain and category strategies including those in safety, quality, World Class Manufacturing, employee relations, performance management and development of talent. This position is considered a succession to the Operations Director.
- Deploy annual operational and financial plans to deliver targets on service, costs, productivity, quality, innovation, and Safety, Health & Environmental while recommending long term operational and maintenance strategic plans.
- Lead the site on Continuous Improvement strategies to engage and facilitate the implementations of innovations for the site for not only products, but ways of working, cost & service models and the supply chain structure. This will include working with the Category Technology team to implement capital investment to meet planned production, quality, safety, environmental & cost targets.
- Ensure that the technical standards of all manufacturing and non-manufacturing fixed assets are maintained. Enable the factory operation to achieve high level of Customer Service at optimal cost.
- Coordinate and direct factory operations and maintenance to achieve the agreed production plans at the specified product quality with optimum labor, energy, and materials utilization.
- Guard and ensure the application of all Upfield policies and governance requirements.
- Coordinate and direct the Maintenance Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field an asset.
- Minimum of 8 years in a Supply Chain role (Manufacturing, Maintenance, Technology, EHS, Quality) required.
- Minimum 3 years working in a role leading an entire factory, an asset.
- Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office (SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence others.
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to build collaborative relationships and networks with multiple and diverse stakeholders, internal and external partners.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to understand and influence teams to adapt to new ways of working.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.