Marketing Manager- Pakistan
Title - Marketing Manager
Location - Karachi, Pakistan
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Care and Passion define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities. Our mission at Upfield is to continue to be the largest plant based consumer packed goods and to remove all plastix by 2025.
From the outside we might look like a traditional business, but inside our marketing is on a rocket ship to insurgency and that’s why we need YOU!
About the Role!
As a Marketing Manager at Upfield you will be the driving force behind delighting our consumers with our natural healthy plant-based products and ensuring that everyone is talking about them!
Working with the Director Marketing South Asia for your market you will have your finger on the pulse of the consumer. You read what they read and where they read it, eat what they eat. You are grounded in their world and reality and are excited to bring products and brand experiences to their world using all media channels with an emphasis on digital that are relevant, timely and engaging.
Operational excellence comes easily to you – you are just as comfortable with the latest sales by SKU as you are with a discussion on the creative idea behind our brands. You love numbers – and go beyond them to extract the “so what” for our brands. You apply this passion working in a test-and-learn approach to identify the “sweet spot” for communicating to our core consumers – you find what works before we invest at scale to make our brands fly.
We are data driven and provide state of the art tools to equip you e.g. Consumer panel, Retail audit, DMS. etc
You are experienced in working in an international environment and have a good balance of global strategy and driving local initiatives. Collaboration to bring the very best result is in your nature – it’s about getting the win for Upfield and our Consumer.
Positivity is in your DNA – high/focused energy drives you and ignites those around you to do great things. Let’s face it, you’re a bit of a magnet for talent…
- Own the performance for your brand – accountable for the P&L and for translating ideas into action
- Own every element of your brand from the equity, strategy, performance, and profitability
- Deliver game changing brand strategy that brings the consumer into our brands and delivers loyalty and commitment to achieve business goals
- Leading and loving landing brilliant execution in digital, PR and in-store – drive our brand awareness via owned and earned channels, working to create and run successful influencer events.
- Own in-market execution and activation of the brand to consumers – to drive awareness and household penetration
- ATL (traditional and digital)
- In-store (activation – promo, pricing to the specific events brand is activated against)
- Earned / PR
- Into the data zone – you love to dig into the data and uncover the insight jewels
- Innovation is at the heart, you work across all functions to build best tasting products that tell a story the consumer and customer cannot ignore with winning financials.
- Build inspiring and robust strategies that build awareness and affinity for our brands - with integrated sales & marketing plans, tools, and creative assets.
- Work closely with Marketing teams to Develop testing plans to identify your brand’s core consumers, identify their “sweet spot”, and prove efficacy of communications before investing at scale.
- Champion consumer insights throughout the organization to ensure sustainable growth of the business and optimal brands’ equity.
- Work with Sales as one team – listen and learn continuously to improve our mix and impact in market.
Additional responsibilities to include:
- Fully own the brand P&L and manage performance across all channels
- Build a fit-for-purpose team with necessary skillsets; creative briefs and manage internal stakeholders (Hot House) agencies as required
- Work as part of an in-house team to execute develop media strategy: define objectives, develop test ideas, budget and channel allocation, detailed channel execution, and evaluate performance of tests
- Support Marketing Director to establish Upfield’s ‘test and learn’ approach to marketing
- Work with Marketing team to define tests to prove efficacy before investing at scale to drive household penetration
- Assess media performance, extracting actionable learnings from tests to deliver highest impact campaigns
- Rapidly and effectively develop creative concepts and assets with creative production teams for use in tests and campaigns; build on test learnings to improve ideas before scaling.
- Build and manage brand innovation / renovation roadmap; develop business cases
- Develop and manage innovation / renovation to market with R&D
- Analysis: Track and report P&L, S&OP, and media performance against target customer segments; identify tests and campaigns to drive brand and category objectives
- Laser focus on brand’s P&L performance, including cost across all
- Be informed on factors that impact product availability and marketing effectiveness: stock, cost, category perception etc. with local data access; make decisions to adjust as needed.
Key skills / behaviors
- High Bias for Action! Mount Everest high!
- Entrepreneurial mind-set! You want to have your own company a couple of years from now! But hack, let’s do this first!
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-country team across different time zones (a 9 to 5 mentality would not work here).
- Proven track-record of managing a total marketing budget. You spend what you need to deliver and not a cent more! You are part of the team that owns the total P&L. Every cent saved, is a cent earned.
- You have a strong preference for working-media over non-working media.
- Relevant experience with managing agency relationships (creative, research, media buying) because we will not hire a dedicated team to do that for you. Sorry.
- Strong understanding of media buying or willing to quickly learn all ins-and-outs
- Track record of developing and deploying EFFECTIVE communication assets across all media channels. We want to touch the hearts and minds of our consumers, and we want them to buy our products. That is where you come in. You will be our consumer advocate and marketing rock star!
- You love competitive pressure; you think outside of the box (what box?), you would have been an Olympic Gold Medalist if you were not always working that hard on creating consumer love. Every working hour of every working day. It is what gets you up in the morning! It’s a bit silly really.
- You are part of a TEAM. And these teams are sacred. They are built on trust and mutual respect. And you respect that!
- Marketing or Business Degree, min 6 years of working experiece
- Proven experience of Digital Marketing / Media experience with a real digital Native Mindset
- FMCG brand experience and capability with a track record of nurturing and growing brands
- Experience of doing things with a progressive, original approach – you are unique after all….
- 360 Marketing communications experience
- Fully understand the commercial journey and possess strong financial acumen
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.