About the Role!
This is a unique opportunity to drive diversity and inclusion at Upfield globally and make a positive impact on wider communities. You will bring expertise to enhance our strategy and the necessary skills to implement D&I activities globally.
Upfield was formed in 2018 and diversity & inclusion has been in our DNA from the beginning. Our global reach means we sell products in 90+ countries and employee people in over 35+ countries. Our strong values express that we want everyone to ‘come as they are’. Our purpose is to make people happier and healthier with plant-based products that are better for the planet. We cannot achieve this without always striving to preserve and improve our diversity and our inclusive culture.
We are looking for someone who is able to bring considerable expertise and leadership in this space. This will be essential as we continue to shape our strategy and make choices around our action plan. We are also looking for someone who is passionate about getting things done and wants to manage a range of activities. That might be creating materials, supporting internal ambassadors or network groups, selecting learning materials, conducting a policy and benefits audit, making proposals, and generally making things happen.
We are working in unique times! We are looking for someone who is comfortable with the idea of being interviewed virtually and comfortable with remote working, at least initially, while our central London office is closed due to Covid-19. The role will be based at our central London office and will have global remit. The role will report into the Global Performance and Organisation Lead who is also based in London.
We will also consider people who would like to work on a part-time or flexible basis.
- Enhance the existing D&I strategy and shape the agenda. This means reviewing the existing statement and planned activities and evolving these to take D&I forward.
- Work effectively with a variety of stakeholders and other teams including Associates, leadership, HR, analytics, talent acquisition, compliance, procurement and communications
- Manage activities that help bring D&I to life and embed D&I into relevant processes. This means leading programmes and implementing the strategy yourself and through others.
- Determine what our measurement practices should be for both diversity and inclusion, and what local adaptation is needed. Implement against this strategy.
- Determine how we can embed D&I in our hiring practices and remove any barriers to entry. Work closely with talent acquisition to make this a reality.
- Create a learning offering for Associates, Leaders and hiring managers. Create a plan in terms of what training is appropriate for which audience and via what channel and make it happen (vendor and content selection and creation).
- You will have significant experience of leading diversity and inclusion as part of a Human Resources or Communications role or as a dedicated role, ideally in a small or medium sized organization
- Able to develop and enhance D&I strategy
- Work effectively with a variety of teams & stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of D&I globally
- Track record of introducing D&I initiatives that have resulted in measurable changes
- Ability to manage multiple projects, across geographies and functions, with multiple stakeholders
- Strong judgement and resilience whilst working on sensitive subject matters
You will be a fast-learner and comfortable working in a small and agile team.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Competitive salary, flexible working, and a great team and working environment!
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 90+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!