Key Account Manager
Key Account Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities. Our mission at Upfield is to continue to be the largest plant-based consumer packed goods and to remove all plastix by 2025.
About the Role!
As the Key Account Manager, together with a KAM Team, led by a national Sales Lead, you will leverage the full capability of the local Upfield organization to accelerate sustainable relationships with our customers. With customers, you will represent the source for providing healthy, plant-based options for the dinner tables of our consumers.
As a Key Account Manager in Upfield you will have an exciting opportunity to own your customer plans and build strong customer relationships in order to grow our business. You will be responsible for planning, managing, and executing the business we have with our customers.
Our brands, the exciting journey of plant-based products and the effect the reduction of carbon footprint brings to the world, will provide a great challenge and development of the company and our employees. Working with us gives you opportunity to grow and learn every day.
- Achieve / exceed all key sales measures and targets; Net Revenue, Gross Margin, Trade Spend & Net Working Capital targets and manage the negotiations with key customers in line with Upfield commercial strategy & customers trading term
- Work in partnership with brand and trade marketing to ensure development and implementation of customer category strategy and achieve best-in-class account 4P targets (Product, Placement, Price & Promotion)
- Establish and secure a great relationship between Upfield and the customers.
- Secure trading and distribution/promotion agreements in line with nominated major account’s profile (including share of shelf/visibility at POS/Distribution penetration across product range/Retail Pricing/Consumer and Trade Promotions and Discounts)
- Work in cross-category teams with marketing, category management, supply chain and finance to drive business performance
- Secure profitable sales with triple win (consumer, customer and Upfield).
- Create customer plans from deep customer understanding.
- Work together with the field sales organization to secure the best implementation of our plans.
- Secure internal and external administration in close co-operation with our sales operations team.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or in a relevant field
- 4-7 years of experience in Key Account Management in an FMCG company
- Knowledge of e-commerce.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, a customer focused attitude
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of business financials and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-confident professional, who possesses strong interpersonal skills along with sound leadership capabilities
- Oral and written communication skills in English with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Advanced user of MS Office applications
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!