Category Leadership Manager
Category Leadership Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! and Imperial that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward each other, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have a passion to grow this business and we’re looking for the right people to share our passion – those that love what they do, come to play every day and not sit on the sidelines, and are looking for exciting career opportunities.
About the Role!
Our Category Leadership team turns insights into actionable solutions that positively impact customer and category growth.
We are hiring a Category Leadership Manager to lead category strategy in the Eastern US for our Buttery Spreads business (including brands like Country Crock and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter) and develop best in class category solutions. Building relationships with customers, broker partners, and the internal sales and brand teams will also be part of your duties with the ultimate goal of delivering sustainable profitable growth for our organization as well as our retail partners. You will lead a broker team that will partner with you in supporting the business across the customer base in the Eastern Division.
- Customize the national category strategy for the customers in the region and execute it with excellence.
- Implement the strategic gold standard planogram (POG) by creating a localized shelving strategy.
- Optimize Category Assortment with our retail partners.
- Build winning Customer Selling Stories in conjunction with Sales partners.
- Manage Broker partners to execute strategies and tactics in a best in class manner.
- Analyze the business regularly with a keen eye towards uncovering new opportunities to drive growth.
You’re a born leader: You have a team to run, and the know-how to do it.
You’re a strategy guru: You see the big picture and can localize it to the retailer at hand.
You’re a story teller: You’re energized by analyzing the data, uncovering opportunities and turning them into winning selling stories.
You love to win in the marketplace: You’re the trusted partner that provides total category solutions that the customer goes to first - it’s the fuel that drives you!
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Experience in MS Office (MS PowerPoint and MS Excel) required.
- 2+ years required (5+ years ideal) in the Food CPG industry - Knowledge of Category Management, Marketing and Sales principles.
- Experience with 84.51/Stratum, Nielsen AOD and/or IRI Unify, POS and Panel, Power BI, JDA a plus.
- Possible ability to travel (up to 15%) in the future.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!