Head of Digital, Media and eCommerce
Head of Digital, Media and eCommerce
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role
Upfield is looking for a Head of Digital & Media to lead our transformational online agenda in Netherlands. Someone who is confident to drive end-to-end planning and execution of media tests including in-depth media knowledge and scale campaigns. Someone who can work with our Brand Managers to build inspiring and robust strategies that build awareness and affinity for our brands, and work with a team of channel specialists to execute test and campaigns flawlessly. Someone who is motivated by a deep focus on test and learn to understand what motivates our consumers and customers, who can act fast and flexibly to scale what works. Someone who brings energy, positivity and action to their work, who can inspire and motivate, and is excited to jump into the detail of data and media platforms to coach the team.
You’ll lead a team of digitally focused experts and work with a digital agency who brings expertise in media, eCommerce, content and analytics, and be part of a community of experts across markets. You’ll own an audience-led cross-channel media strategy, brand websites and testing roadmap, and deliver daily optimisations of live media. You’ll be working closely with sales teams (ecommerce) and brand management teams to drive strategies and customer specific plans. You’ll manage digital marketing activity across channels to deliver our commercial objectives. You’ll communicate deep insight on both media performance and business implications to a wide range of stakeholders across the business, working with your team to question ‘so what’ and be excited for ‘what next? ’ You’ll be driving a team at the heart of a data-driven marketing revolution. You’re excited to join us for that transformation and be the engine behind it in Netherlands, not just when the hard work is done.
You will have the opportunity to have real flexibility and be autonomous in your role driving forward and testing programmes whilst working with leading edge digital partners
- Develop and communicate the digital and media strategy and performance of this to the wider business
- Lead a team of Digital specialists across the digital marketing team. Collaborate with Ecommerce manager and Food Services Digital Manager. Work alongside brand marketing team. Report into the Marketing Director Netherlands.
- Develop Communications plans for brand portfolio, working closely with Brand Managers to guide media priorities which serve brand plans
- Develop test plans which address key brand questions, learning before launching campaigns
- Execute (with channel execution experts, internally or in agencies) tests and campaigns across digital media platforms
- Work with Brand Managers to ensure content for digital channels is developed rapidly and effectively
- Manage social media execution, driving great consumer engagement through organic and paid
- Manage SEO and Search execution to capture and grow consumer demand for Upfield’s brands
- Manage programmatic media execution, driving consumer awareness to purchase of Upfield’s brands
- Collaborate with Ecommerce manager to ensure integration & optimisation with dull digital brand strategies.
- Oversee media execution in non-digital channels to ensure integrated planning and activation
- Ensure excellence in all media activity, both tests and campaigns, through daily optimisations and continually challenging the status quo to drive actionable insights which will fuel our brands’ growth
- Drive innovative measurement solutions to ensure Upfield achieves business objectives and to support our relationships by developing and implementing business plans with retailers and media partners, and with our Brand, Shopper Marketing and Sales teams
- Contribute to the eCommerce strategy, ensuring great foundations to drive effective retailer performance marketing and new channel growth
- Define Traffic acquisition and management strategy for Upfield portfolio. Demonstrate step change in traffic, and quality of user journey
- Plan and implement brand websites, aligned to the ECRM strategy
- Lead the up-skilling and education of wider teams in everything digital, to deliver the Upfield growth agenda
- You have deep understanding of how to execute with excellence in digital media and your experience covers the breadth of digital media execution as well as omni-channel media planning
- You have the skills, personality and experience to truly listen to our customers, consumers and business stakeholders. This is a specialist digital role, but it’s a marketing role first and foremost.
- You are experienced in managing a cross-functional team to drive best-in-class execution, inspiring and motivating a high energy, action oriented team (internally and with external partners) that includes creative expertise, eCommerce specialists, website and media channel specialists
- You can manage a broad set of stakeholders, working across the Upfield business collaboratively as well as actively managing external agency / freelance partners
- You are experienced in working closely and effectively with digital teams and stakeholders at our customers. We need people who know the value of building relationships and the ability to support at all levels of an organization.
- You have experience in executing in key platforms – across media channels, in driving test and learn programmes, and planning scale media campaigns - with some understanding of UI/UX and CMS helpful
Professional skills & experience
- Min Degree in Marketing/Communications or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years relevant ecommerce, media planning & digital marketing experience (ideally FMCG – Foods but not essential)
- Proven track record in ecommerce, media strategy & planning, digital brand strategy, search, social media, content development and brand equity management
- Core aspects underpinning all skills: consumer empathy, creativity, analytical thinking, rigour, sharp and inspiring communication skills, complex project management skills, business planning, leading teamsas well as working within an agile environment
- A business thinker, who has deep understanding of 3 C’s (Consumer, Customer, Competition), trends, practices, information and insights impacting the business, enabling sound decisions to be made. Can focus the team and organization on the right issues to deliver targeted business results.
- Strong analytical skills – specifically in the measuring, reporting and effective communication of campaign of ROI.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!