Manufacturing Production Manager
Manufacturing Production Manager
New Century, KS
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The ScMM Manufacturing Manager will lead all manufacturing activities in the ScMM side of the factory to achieve desired financial and customer service objectives. The ScMM Manufacturing Manager will lead in safety, quality, World Class Manufacturing, cost savings, continuous improvement, employee relations, employee engagement, performance management and development of talent.
This position is a critical member of the plant leadership team. The first few years will be focused on significantly improving capacity, capability, and maintenance costs in the ScMM plant.
- Work with the Site Operations Manager to build annual operational and financial plans to deliver targets on service, costs, productivity, quality, innovation and Safety, Health & Environmental while recommending long term site strategic plans.
- Be a leader on site on for Continuous Improvement strategies to engage and facilitate the implementations of innovations for the site for not only products, but ways of working, cost & service models and the supply chain structure. This will include working with the Category Technology team to implement capital investment to meet planned production, quality, safety, environmental & cost targets.
- Ensure that the technical standards of all manufacturing and non-manufacturing fixed assets are maintained. Enable the factory operation to achieve high level of Customer Service at optimal cost.
- Coordinate and direct the ScMM plant and any co-packer operations to achieve the agreed production plans at the specified product quality with optimum labor, energy and materials utilization.
- Ensure Working Capital management systems are effectively used and deliver conventional plant inventory targets set with Regional Category Planning Directors and Regional Supply Management Directors.
- Guard and ensure the application of all Upfield policies and governance requirements.
- Lead on initiatives and projects aiming for sites integration and collaborative work along the extended Supply Chain.
- Lead HR policy deployment and implementation in the conventional plant including management of employee relations.
- Coordinate and direct the Quality Management for the ScMM plant.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a Supply Chain leadership role (Manufacturing, Technology, EHS, Quality)
- Experience in Food CPG/ FMCG highly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to build collaborative relationships and networks with multiple and diverse stakeholders, internal and external partners
- Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Ability to understand and influence teams to adapt to new ways of working
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!