Finance Business Partner - Violife
Finance Business Partner - Violife
Wimbledon, London UK
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
The Violife Finance Business Partner will be reporting into the Senior Commercial Finance Manager and will play a critical role in the UK&I finance team. There are strong plans to grow both the Violife brand in the UK and Ireland post the acquisition and execution of these plans are key. This role will therefore be supporting a recent M&A acquisition in enabling the growth plans but also integrating into the current Upfield ways of workings.
Main Responsibilities: –
- Integration of Violife
- The Violife business since the purchase has been operating as a stand-alone business. Over the coming months the plan is to integrate this into the existing routes to market that Upfield operates in.
- Therefore, the finance business partner will need to work with the Country Manager for the UK&I to create management reporting to measure performance against budget and forecast.
- This will include links into daily sales, in month sales calls, trade spend and margin by account and by brand.
- There will be a need to understand how SAP is working for Violife to ensure that Upfield is correctly invoicing their customers for the products
- To ensure there is a consolidated view of UK and Ireland performance vs targets no matter which systems the results are coming from.
- To support Violife HQ (Greece office) with reporting on UK performance.
Forecasting and Budgeting
- Work with the Violife team on new product introductions and the link into the budgeting cycle
- Work with Senior Commercial Finance Manager to produce the financial forecast for the S&OP cycle feeding into the relevant reporting decks through the cycle linking to brand ambitions
- Key involvement in producing the yearly budget linking in with the European and Central Finance teams to understand the timetable of deliverables and reporting decks required
- Build different scenarios through the budget process to allow key stakeholders to see the financial impact of potential outcomes
- Working with Supply Chain finance to improve processes and procedures and drive efficiencies. Understanding of current COGS, liaison with Greece on transfer prices, manufacturing performance, value creation plans.
- Sales support to link in current sales & promo plans for Upfield for UK&I inc spreads to ensure Violife plans are executed on. JBP support by customer and any CPI work.
- Marketing support – NPD analysis, brand & sku performance analysis, profit improvement initiatives
- Understand key risks and opportunities identified with the business and how to mitigate/deliver these options
- Provide robust ad hoc analysis to the Violife leadership team that aids them in understanding potential options to improve business performance
- Able to effectively communicate financial information to non finance people helping them to understand the insight in the analysis performed
- Deputise for the Senior Commercial Finance Manager in key meetings where necessary
- Ability to work with different levels of stakeholders to build rapport and become a trusted partner
- Understand the requirements of different finance teams (European and Central Finance) for insight into the UK and Ireland result and be able to effectively communicate performance
- Interaction with UK and Ireland CFO
Skills and Capabilities Required
- Strong academic record
- Experience in a Commercial Finance roles
- CIMA Finalist
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Good work ethic, attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!