Environmental Healthy and Safety Manager
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager
New Century, KS
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager has the overall responsibility for managing Environmental Health and Safety improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level.
This position will work with site Supply Chain teams to develop the local EHS strategy and improvement plans to achieve sustainable EHS excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Deploy the global/cluster EHS strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve excellent sustainable results..
- Manage the EHS teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety & Environment results.
- Drive safety and environment risk assessments and develop/implement appropriate controls.
- Reduce the site’s environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, Sox & CO2 emissions and water and energy consumption.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Upfield Process Safety Management (PSM) Program and support the deployment in the site and support the application of Upfield guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment.
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management.
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local and national regulatory requirements and Upfield standards, provide advice on national EHS legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies.
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health.
- Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committees; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis.
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations.
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behavior observations and deep compliance audits.
- Develop and deploy internal EHS auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Upfield organizations as required.
- Responsible for all environmental compliance including SPCC, SWPPP, Air Permits, Waste Water Permits, Toxic Release Inventories, EPCRA 311/312, etc.
- Serve as the site’s Sustainability leader- responsible for planning and directing all on-site projects in relation to sustainable practices for manufacturing in accordance with Upfield's Sustainable Living Plan.
- Work closely with the Third Party Administrator (TPA) and Upfield’s Sr. Claims manager to manage and resolve all Workers’ Compensation claims in an effective and timely manner.
- Implement Upfield’s security policies and protocols to make sure that the work environment is safe for all employees and visitors.
- Responsible for monitoring the security operations at the facility.
- Maintain the Site’s Security access control system.
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Ideal degree in Occupational Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Chemical/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Safety Management/Environmental Science preferred.
- Minimum 3 years required in the field of Environmental Health and Safety Experience in Manufacturing and/or Engineering.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Airsweb, Ariba, EHS Reporting System.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to contractors, 3rd party vendors, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!