New Century, KS
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for driving current and future manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using Continuous Improvement operating framework.
This includes managing the shift crew and manufacturing activities as well as working individually and on teams to identify areas of opportunity to cause beneficial change.
- Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets for the designated shift.
- Provide direct supervision of hourly union employees to include: interviewing, training, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements.
- Driving Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and Quality culture by protecting employee’s health and safety, ensuring compliance of all regulatory and plant safety rules, meeting legislative requirements, providing instruction in regard to safety procedures and supporting plant EHS and Quality initiatives as required.
- Accountable for the productivity of the site during off-shifts. This requires contacting appropriate resources for issue resolution, providing alternative duties in the event of breakdown or material shortage, monitoring general performance and behaviour of employees, and adjusting crewing or call in replacements as necessary. This requires interfacing with Maintenance, Material Planning, Quality Support, Warehouse and other department supervisors to ensure efficient operation to meet plant goals.
- Utilize Dayforce System to maintain weekly record of hours worked, along with explanation of overtime hours worked and ensures hours worked, vacation, personal hours, absences, etc. are correctly documented so employees are paid accurately.
- Regularly cascading and communicating site targets and goals from the Leadership Team to shift crews consistently and accurately.
- Fostering positive employee relations, including properly interpreting and administering the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Investigate and identify root cause of Safety, Quality and environmental incidents utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process.
You motivate and drive improvement in a union environment through strong communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical/engineering degree required. Equivalent combination of education and experience taken into consideration.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position or manufacturing operation management experience.
- Skills specific to training WCM, SHE, Quality, GMP’s and other plant specific trainings ideal.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and networks with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict while creating an inclusive work environment.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!