At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Reporting to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible for assisting in the development, maintenance, and administration of the computerized maintenance system, and ordering spare parts to optimize equipment reliability and efficiency.
- Establishes and maintains a reliable network of outside vendors and suppliers to ensure cost effective and timely support of the maintenance function.
- Responsible for the procurement of supplies, equipment and services related to Maintenance,
- Planning purchasing based on a thorough analysis of past requirements and future projections of maintenance requirements, as well as emergency maintenance requirements purchasing agents.
- This individual will coordinate his/her efforts with Maintenance & Finance department to maintain the appropriate level of inventory.
- This individual will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the company, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers.
- This individual will be measured by the following performance objectives; maintaining accurate inventory levels, the accuracy of parts ordered, correct purchasing levels, and scheduling turnaround.
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control the Maintenance Department purchasing budget.
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment, or supplies.
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services.
- Maintain an extensive database for all orders that is up to date and provides information for analysis and reporting.
- Participate in the development of product or substitute materials.
- Commodity Management support (Assisting in Implementing process improvements and Supplier Integration, etc.
- Stay current with internal and external factors impacting procurement function.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate supply chain activities.
- Research markets to source the most optimal suppliers, in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Provide product, storage and order information to all internal departments as requested.
- Order Requisition and arrange for payments to vendors for products or services procured.
- Place purchase orders ensuring flow of inventory that guarantees optimum stock levels and meets turnover goals.
- Source, negotiate, contract and execute agreements to fulfill day-to-day business needs, primarily for high value specialty materials & services not available on existing agreements.
- Establish delivery schedules of vendors, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve issues.
- Review and process claims against suppliers.
- Requests for quote, requests for proposal, requests for information, and other vendor documentation.
- Advise departments and business units of lead time required to obtain products or services.
- Make alternate arrangements in the event of shortages or delayed deliveries to minimize impact on the organization.
- Monitors all orders for back orders and delivery time inventory management.
- Conduct initial physical count of current stock and create a file so information can be migrated to the inventory management system.
- Verify computer data with physical count of stock and adjusts errors in the system, then count, or investigate and report reasons for discrepancies.
- Verifying system SKU, description, location, and label.
- Organize the physical inventory in a neat and tidy manner, that is easily accessible when required.
- Calculate annual requirements for products or services and reconcile amounts against available budget.
- Actual material usage/consumption tracking by G/L account or material account.
- Analyze reports, variances and credits.
- High School Diploma required.
- Two years' progressive experience in a purchasing role required.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry preferred.
- Strong Budget management skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, and other documentation
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities.
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories.
- Exceptional forecasting ability with strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong computer skills in SAP & Microsoft Office.
- Basic mathematical skills with ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages and averages required.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!