R&D Process Development Engineer
R&D Process Development Engineer
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
You will be a part of a vibrant R&D team that brings innovation to life. You will be a part of the development process from conception through market implementation of plant-based spreads and cheeses. You will develop into a subject matter expert for plant-based spreads and cheese manufacturing, and will act as a vital contributor to designing, implementing and commissioning new innovations and processes at our Upfield factories and third-party manufacturers.
- Deliver best in class, factory-scale products through skillful formula and process optimization while working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Lead pilot plant testing initiatives and trials, while issuing summaries and/or reports with comprehensive results capturing technical conclusions and challenges
- Lead factory trials, commissioning and product start-ups independently for innovations, renovations, and business continuity support, including design of experiments, while fostering cross functional alignment between R&D and supply chain functions
- Work with global technical team to develop, test and design novel processes, and identify process equipment to implement in pilot plant and full-scale manufacturing
- Work cross functionally with business partners to align technical deliverables to project goals, while providing status updates as appropriate to complement the project timeline
- Prepare and review engineering documents including P&ID and equipment specifications while working with equipment manufacturers
- Operates according to procedures and ways of working in line with Upfield frameworks, standards, and policies, relevant regulations (i.e. FDA), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), versed in HCCAP as well as Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs)
- You are an engaged, driven, self-starter with a passion for food, a passion to design, create and build products and process in the food industry
- The ideal candidate has 5-10 years required experience in process engineering/development within the fast-moving Consumer Package Goods (CPG) industry, preferably in the foods/beverage industry
- You have earned a bachelor’s/master’s degree in engineering (Chemical/Mechanical/Industrial). Process and product development experience in margarine making, cheese making and/or working with scraped surface heat exchangers is preferred. You have ability to be a fast learner who is comfortable working with technical peers, management, and factory personnel.
- You travel in this role (possibly internationally) about 20-40% of the time, on average, while adjusting such support to business demands or needs
- Opportunity for immediate hands-on experience and training with a world-class R&D organization
- Exposure to all aspects of a fast-growing, multi-national start-up including Marketing, Finance, Sales and Supply Chain
- A chance to see your ideas and work show up on the shelves of your local grocery store
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!