R&D Packaging Manager
R&D Packaging Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Violife, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter! and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
About the Role!
Through the initiation and delivery of key innovation projects and improvement initiatives you will be responsible for delivering real competitive advantage for the business.
As part of the R&D Packaging team, the Packaging Manager will lead and deliver challenging packaging projects, focused on sustainability, quality, operational performance, cost and customer value.
- Manage and lead packaging projects to deliver the 3-5-year packaging innovation road map
- Manage and lead projects that will driving margin improvement whilst ensuring the ongoing compliance of the packaging portfolio globally
- Work in partnership with a wide range of internal partners including Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement, R&D and Quality along with key external partners globally, to effectively drive packaging projects
- Support the global packaging director to identify trends and insights, source technology innovations, as well as maintain benchmarks versus industry peers, ensuring packaging outperformance in our respective categories
- Support the Packaging Director to drive new packaging platforms and packaging projects as an integral part of respective category/brand pipelines
- Support the packaging director to elevate the role of packaging within the overall innovation agenda, putting it at the heart of all discussions
- Education - Bachelor’s Degree required. Packaging engineering, Industrial engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent is preferred, but not necessary
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in R&D Packaging – required experience in packaging and product development. Experience in FMCG is essential
- An entrepreneurial spirit with an appetite for exploring new and previously uncharted territories, an openness to change and challenge, as well as ability to think differently and unconventionally
- Proven track record of delivering significant challenge packaging projects within an FMCG environment
- Demonstrable skill in managing packaging / product innovation, including strategy development, and the identification, development and delivery of impactful business and consumer optimized structural and functional packaging / product innovations
- Extensive experience in overseeing packaging / products in market, maintaining and growing existing base business, as well as driving productivity and cost optimization
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
Bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed - This part of the role is up to you to complete.