Social Media Channel Manager
Social Media Channel Manager France & Belgium
The Social Media Channel Manager has proven skills, personality, and experience to truly buy digital advertisements and listen to our customers, consumers and business stakeholders. They will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to make certain that the voice and vision of the brand is cohesive and effective on social media and web channels, translating brand strategies into specific digital community plans to ensure that our French and Belgian brands deliver upon Upfield’s business and digital KPIs.
The role involves overseeing the effectiveness or efficiency of the systems of advertising operations. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the advertising department is running well based on set goals, budget and company standards, working with agencies, Global and internal stakeholders.
They will report to the Digital Marketing Lead, working in concert with Belgian and French brand managers, the Marketing Director, as well as managing the activities of various global agencies.
You have strong understanding of the digital ecosystem, specializing in Social Media and Pay-per-Click Advertising Operations. You may have agency or in-house experience buying ads via FB, Google, and/or publisher website and have motivational skills to inspire a vision and work cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders.
You must possess a bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing, Advertising, or a similar field plus at least 2 years of experience in a company’s advertising operations department working within Ad Exchanges, Ad Networks or even Demand-Side Platforms (DSP).
You are an entrepreneurial self-starter with focus on the solution. You have strong leadership and organizational skills, proven conflict management experience, effective written and verbal communication skills, advanced knowledge in the technical aspects of an advertising department, and in-depth experience in advertising procedures, principles, methods, techniques and practices. To be able to craft a 360° strategy, you understand the underlying elements and key metrics for SEO and SEA, web and social media and can work with a team to bring out insights and craft optimizing strategies based on those tests.
You are comfortable working in an Agile system, crafting A/B multivariate testing with other brand marketing team members, You have experience in leading external agency relationships focusing efforts on deliverables, metrics gathering and budget optimizing, to meet global objectives. You are excited to present your insights and knowledge to local and global stakeholders, adding to collective company insights through presentations or knowledge sharing among other countries.
- Work with Brand Manager, vendors, global, and internal stakeholders in an Agile-adapted environment, with A/B multivariate iterative testing, reporting and insights.
- Definition, execution and monitoring of 360-degree social engagement across all channels, working with the local brand managers in France and Belgium, global digital team, and agencies.
- Build and manage social media channel best practices for the portfolio, driving positive brand sentiment in alignment with the overall Digital Marketing plan, managing agency activations for social channels.
- Digital Advertising media planning and buying can include:
- Banner ads on websites
- Ads in apps
- Native advertising in social media feeds/publisher sites
- Video advertising of all stripes
- Paid search advertising
- OTT ad spaces
- Audio ads in streaming apps and podcasts
- Manage agencies and lead development of social media content strategies by brand, by digital project managing to keep KPIs, milestones and billing in alignment with key business objectives.
- Assist in development for content production strategy and plan for the Upfield BEFRA portfolio.
- Light editing of multiple brand websites and landing pages aligned to the ECRM strategy, building on SEO & PPC activity to accelerate education and awareness, using our Sitecore platform.
- Help transform websites, including recipes, into insight-generating tools, gathering information on our users to allow optimal personalization and targeting.
- Work with our PR team to ensure that category perception and local brand strategy is clear and defined across the brand portfolios by aligning content calendars.
- You will manage the community strategy and content for the major brands, in connection with our creative agencies, customer service agency and the brand managers, using Salesforce Social Studio.
- Work very proficiently in all MS Office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and TEAMs, as well as understand how to share documents on SharePoint. Other global tools for an asset management system and a recipe management system can be trained.
- Minimum 4 years of digital marketing experience in developing and executing content plans across brands that increase awareness and engagement across multiple brands.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant Ad Operations media experience (ideally FMCG - Foods) in an agency, or in-house.
- Previous FB Business Manager media buying experience required and FB Media Buying Professional certification is given preference.
- Experience working with social media accounts, creating profiles and managing advertisement accounts as well as provide social listening insights through brand dashboards.
- SEO and SEA experience in implementing best practices and optimizations
- Must have fluency in digital terminology to be able to use and create business metrics and KPIs around web and social media products.
- Good understanding of the relevant digital and business metrics and KPIs, with the ability to leverage data to make content decisions.
- Experience in creating and communicating project schedules including milestones & release dates and working with a content calendar.
- Experience in analyzing and leveraging data as insight for content creation through Google Analytics or digital dashboards.
- Work very proficiently in all MS Office products: Outlook, Word, (particularly) Excel, PowerPoint and TEAMs, as well as understand how to share documents on SharePoint. Other global tools for an asset management system and a recipe management system can be learned.
- Language skills are a critical part of the content creation role supporting both France and Belgium. Strong editorial French skills, business English are needed. Flemish speakers will have preference.
As this role is open to both France and Belgium, the role is currently remote, but eventually may require 1-2 days a week of travel to Paris.
Since this is a fast-paced environment, it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. Creative solutioning is encouraged.
You will have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we will give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Why should you choose for Upfield?
We are a dynamic company, where not everything is set in stone yet. We are in full development (people wise, systems, processes, …), but we do manage a business of 80mio €!
You will need to work hard, but you will also quickly see that it pays off and it will give you a sense of accomplishment when you were able to improve a certain WoW, or were able to share a best practice with your colleagues in other European countries.
We encourage people to think for themselves, to challenges things : this is exactually what we expect from you. Speak up! This is the only way we will grow and improve.
We are a real team working everyday together to achieve our goals and if you recognize yourself in this : JUST APPLY AND COME AND MEET US
Need more information or apply?
Please hit the Apply button and prepare for a short 30 min initial video call with our recruiter Claudia Funk. If you have additional questions, you can contact her at +31 615606591
#upfield #upfielders #LK-CF1