Shopper Marketing Associate
Shopper Marketing Associate
About the Role!
This is an exciting time to join a leading plant-based brand in the spreads/butter category with aggressive ambition for 2021 and beyond.
We are looking for a Shopper Marketing Associate to help build brand equity and drive demand at key retailers through insights led media to shelf activations. With a shopper mindset, the Shopper Marketing Associate must deliver overall business goals for both the brand and the retailer by developing and implementing strategies that engage shoppers through the full path to purchase and across all commerce channels and fulfillment models. Charged with driving joint value creation, the candidate is required to seamlessly and effectively partner cross functionally and motivate multiple internal and external stakeholders. The Shopper Marketing Associate is also responsible for efficiently managing our robust and talented agency team.
As the complexity of the consumer landscape is rapidly evolving, this candidate will need to see through intricate situations to find solutions which drive the most value. This role will also require strong digital as well as analytical and financial acumen, the ability to manipulate data from multiple sources, and an understanding of how to optimize strategies and executions leveraging performance metrics.
- Develop annual shopper marketing strategies and plans that are rooted in consumer, shopper, channel and retailer insights and that deliver on brand and business objectives such as sales & market share growth, product trial, shopper to buyer conversion, increased loyalty and revenue maximization.
- Lead agencies and external vendors to develop and execute shopper marketing programs and promotions along the entire path to purchase. Evaluate creative and media proposals, providing feedback and direction.
- Seek innovative solutions, partners and technologies, staying on top of industry trends and competitive activity.
- Develop strong relationships with sales partners and customers to build mutually beneficial programs and promotions in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Sales Team, Brokers, Customer Marketing teams and other key constituents to understand both brand and customer objectives and opportunities.
- Effectively communicate shopper marketing and business plans internally for cross-functional teams, leadership and overall business planning.
- Continue the 360 shopper engagement strategy by working with internal Digital and e-Commerce teams to develop the annual ecommerce approach at key retailers.
- Drive the digital component of the shopper journey (pre store, in store, or offer delivered) to convert shoppers to buyers.
- Target and optimize media in real time to reach target consumers at the right time in their planning and purchase cycle for the category.
- Set KPIs for programs, align profitability expectations and develop post-program analysis and ROI for executed shopper marketing programs to drive continuous improvement for future programs..
- Develop and deliver presentations internally, with agencies/vendors and with retail customers.
- Participate in customer meetings including line reviews, product sell-ins and other topics.
- Represent the broader Marketing team on cross-functional project teams to work on key business initiatives as requested.
- Manage Shopper Marketing budget.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 2+ years experience marketing consumer food & beverage products or management consulting.
- Shopper Marketing experience with major grocery & mass retailers is ideal.
- Experience managing agencies preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint - Strong data & analytical capabilities.
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- Passion for food and strong interest in plant-based products.
- High level of interpersonal skills working with and leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to organizational changes and ambiguity.
- Travel: 30%
Convenient transportation options provided by Upfield for those who live in NYC or Hoboken.
You will have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
Please apply via the button below and if you don't have a CV ready - reach out to Karolina.Jurkiewicz@upfield.com to start considering you for the role!