At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We continue to expand our operations, adding Vegan Cheese to our portfolio of Plant-Based Butter and Margarine.
About the Role!
Your previous experience in an Administrative Assistant role will help you manage the Toronto office and our General Manager.
You'll be operating remotely until our offices re-open later this year. Once our office does open, you'll be the friendly face of Upfield Toronto, managing different projects and ad-hoc requests.
Your experience using SAP and/or Ariba would help any requests you need to make, but we are willing to train you on how to use those systems.
Bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed!
Select duties to support the entire cross-functional team in Canada (~50-60% of time)
Owned Project Work
- Lead the P2P (Purchase to Pay) process including purchase order creation, vendor invoicing and vendor master data creation/updating (~30% of time)
- Point person for facilities management (building, vendors, etc.) and help keep the team space clean, tidy, and organized
- Contribute to and lead team building activities
- Mail collection and distribution (ensuring all mail is directed to the appropriate team)
- Coordination of Office Maintenance (repairs, support for IT, office, etc.)
- Managing Office Supply inventory (i.e. copier supplies, paper, pens, notebooks, binders, etc.) and kitchen equipment / supplies (ie. Coffee machine, milk, coffee, tea, etc.)
- Support Communications Lead in gathering content for newsletters, sending out communications, assisting where required
- Collect cheques and create deposit (email and courier to respective recipients)
- Manage the Canadian office and manufacturing team’s ad hoc requests for support in the coordination of initiatives including meeting set-up including booking rooms and catering if required. Coordinate and manage deliverables, including agendas, actions, pre-reads, etc.
- Mail and courier management including coordinating samples for shipments to customers, sales team and US
- Assisting with new hire process: manage inventory of office equipment, keycards, IT support
To provide administrative support to the General Manager Canada (~30-40% of time)
- Assist in the management of work streams (planning, market visits, presentations as identified)
- Management of calendar including proactively managing conflicts
- Management of travel including booking of flights, hotel, cars, etc.
- Proactively manage Travel & Expenses Budget and identify opportunities and risks
- Liaise with counterparts in other regions (primarily USA) to coordinate executive market visits
To provide support to the commercial team (~10% of time)
- Manage the sales team’s ad hoc requests for support in the coordination of initiatives including meeting set-up including booking rooms and catering if required. Co-ordinate and manage deliverables, including agendas, actions, pre-reads, etc.
- To organize key customer events for the Account Team (eg. Customer Planning Meetings at office)
- To lead and administer ad hoc account management tasks when team needs surge support (eg. Entering new items, customer portal management, etc)
- Prepare sales reports for cross-functional team
- Associate’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in an administrative role or equivalent within a consumer-packaged goods company with experience with commercial teams (Sales, Marketing) preferred
- Working knowledge of Office 365 Suite Programs required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential and proprietary information
- Able to demonstrate flexible and caring attitude working in a team environment
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
Ready to Apply?
Click the Apply button below - if you don't have a CV that's ready yet, send me a note at Janelle.Arza@upfield.com and any CV you have for now to start considering you for the role. This role won't be open long, so take action ASAP!
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
*Candidates must be able to lawfully work in Canada and work without sponsorship.