New Century, KS
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Violife, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter! and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
About the Role!
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Supervisor is responsible for facilitating the business’s Environmental Health and Safety strategy, including compliance with all relevant Upfield, Federal, State and Local policies and standards, training and development and lending expertise to all EHS related issues within the Operations.
This position is also responsible for assisting the EHS Manager and Site Leadership Team in the development of new site initiatives around EHS efforts.
- Provide support for the administration and implementation of all EHS programs and policies to ensure the Facility’s adherence to all applicable federal, state and local regulations to ensure an accident/hazard free/healthy work environment.
- Support the Behavioral Safety Excellence Program to assure at-risk behaviors and at-risk conditions are addressed. Monitor/track all corrective action measures to ensure they are addressed and completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide support to the EHS Manager to ensure the site is to full OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies compliance by maintaining safety, accident, environmental and industrial hygiene records as required. Provide support in the process of EHS inspections and/or audits and track/follow-up on all corrective actions.
- Coordinate investigation of incidents and injuries with Line Managers/Supervisors to ensure accurate and timely completion.
- Under guidance of the EHS Manager, provide operational safety performance feedback on a regular basis. Support the EHS Pillar, associated sub-teams and provide support to RCAs as needed.
- Support the EHS Upfield framework for site and employee safety teams. Provide support, instruction, and training to Line Managers/Supervisors regarding EHS framework initiatives.
- Support the EHS manager in the implementation of all environmental compliance programs and sustainability initiatives according to Upfield’s sustainable living plan.
- Participate in the development of the annual site EHS budget and control fixed and variable cost expenditures.
- Participate in internal and external EHS audits.
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs.
- Education - Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Practical experience – Minimum of 2 years in the field of Environmental Health and Safety.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Airsweb, Ariba, EHS Reporting System.
- The ability to write simple reports and correspondence with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar. Requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to contractors, 3rd party vendors, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; The ability to build collaborative relationships and networks with multiple and diverse stakeholders, internal and external partners.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
Bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed - This part of the role is up to you to complete.