Process Engineering Manager (14 Month Fixed Contract)
Process Engineering Manager
Upfield is doing everything within its power to keep our employees safe in this challenging time facing COVID-19. In abundance of caution, Upfield’s Leadership Team has introduced non-invasive temperature checks, face masks, and social distancing for any individuals entering the facilities and within the plant. This action plan is designed to stem the outbreak of COVID-19.
About the Role!
As a member in the Global Engineering organization, you lead the delivery of the regionally agreed Exco Capex program.
- Implements and maintains the Global Engineering strategy within the region (North America and Latin America)
- Support the Americas Lead Engineering Manager in planning and managing project priorities for their region in line with the region’s growth ambitions
- Supports projects within the region to ensure they are properly planned, executed safely, OTIF, strictly within budget and successfully handed over to the respective Sourcing Unit team
- Supports the implementation of the Upfield Sustainability program
- Carries the responsibility to ensure the delivery of the projects within the region (North America and Latin America) via the locally based Global Engineering team, Central Global Engineering or contractors pending the feasibility and urgency of the project
- Provides input and approval on the capital proposals for the region prior to submission to the Global engineering Director
- Responsible for ensuring due diligence and compliance of the projects within the region with the Upfield Engineering and QA standards as well as the application of specific local obligations and / or requirements
- In addition:
- Continuously strives to find the latest technologies and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy and productivity of the global Supply Chain assets and Global Engineering organization
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, and demonstrating this by example
- Leads and develops the engineering talent within the organization and region
- Builds durable relationships with preferred suppliers and contractors to ensure reliability and cost optimization
- Safety in Project Execution
- Strict Budget & Schedule adherence in delivery of projects
- Engineering Excellence and Quality standards
- Sustainability & savings impact
- Customer / Stakeholder Feedback
- 10+ Years in FMCG or related Industry required
- Experience operating at senior project manager level
- Fulfilled a variety of engineering and supply chain projects with track record of delivery
- Project engineering / management experience
- Leadership skills in Process Engineering with ability to handle complex multi-site projects
- Carrying the responsibility for project successes and providing strong direction for the teams
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills (both verbal and written)
- Flexibility to travel between North America
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Violife, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter! and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.