At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The Upfield Procurement team is responsible to develop, implement and execute best practice purchasing principles, such as develop long term supplier relationships, vendor performance indicators, and sourcing procedures. The team identifies and implements solutions in alignment with the cross functional teams. They constantly strive to implement efficiencies in their portfolio through negotiations and through alternate material specifications.
The position will also be responsible for strong financial analytical support and serve as the “go-to” individual acting as the primary liaison between suppliers and internal business areas to support collaborative Procurement, R&D, Plant, and Marketing strategic initiatives. This role is responsible for the Packaging portfolio, primarily Tubs and Lids (including Mold management) and Paper Corrugate and Cartons. The role reports into the Head of NA Procurement.
- Responsible for the strategic sourcing of various products across multiple business teams by leveraging the end-to-end sourcing and stakeholder engagement process
- Develop strategic partnerships and negotiate pricing, NDAs, Master Agreements, Amendments, Addendums and renewals with vendors aligning both local and global Procurement teams
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to continually improve supplier performance through effective contracts and supplier performance management methodologies
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in order to gather category requirements and specifications from departments, category, and subject matter experts
- Set goals and drive KPI’s in accordance with the global Procurement vision
This role is for the Procurement person at heart. Someone who enjoys researching, negotiating, and having ownership over a portfolio. The environment will always pose challenges and the business will involve us to come up with solutions. We work individually and as a team leveraging each other’s knowledge to our benefit.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of procurement experience with excellent written and verbal communication
- Detailed oriented person, motivated in a fast-paced environment managing multiple activities
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment in order to achieve team goals and complete assignments within established deadlines
- Ability to cultivate strong collaborative working relationships and contacts within a work group, across other company functions and with external organizations
- Proven ability to influence others and drive meaningful change results
- Ability to gather and analyze data from multiple sources, prepare spreadsheets, charts, graphs and tables of information and to plan and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Potential travel 10%
- Must be able to work in SAP and Ariba
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!