At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The purpose of this role is to grow the categories that Upfield foods operates in to ensure their future. In this role you put yourself in the shoes of the shopper to deliver best in class insight to our retailers and our business, developing strategies, solutions and recommendations to grow our mutual businesses sustainably.
Create Strategic partnerships with Key retailers:
- Work with local team to embed the category growth drivers through consumer, shopper and market insight.
- Take the category strategy & vision to the customer, utilising it to develop tailored joint category plans, bringing the category to life through your passion & enthusiasm for plant-based food.
- Support the business strategies of individual retailer’s by maximising our brands performance through key activations throughout the year.
- Establish and foster relationships with external customers, improving both sales and profitability to deliver & drive long term sustainable growth aligned to the wider category vision.
Win at Range reviews:
- Influence and shape key retailer ranging windows, providing compelling insights & analysis to create category growth and value creation for BSM, Creams & Cheese.
- Create world class selling stories that help Upfield win disproportionately across the trade.
Deliver continuous insight through performance monitoring:
- Be the key point of contact for all data requests through our core data platforms to provide insight & analysis where required to the wider business.
- Manage & maintain core business performance updates monthly as part of the wider monthly category cycle to ensure the wider team are fully up to speed on the market dynamics, insights and changes to drive long-term positive growth for the Upfield brands & core retailers.
- Identify & lead on-going trends work, providing a consumer lens insights perspective to the business – an eye’s & ears approach on what’s going on in the wider Dairy category.
Be the voice of the Shopper & Customer internally with Sales and Marketing:
- Work hand-in-hand with the wider cross-functional teams, especially Brand, Shopper and Sales, to support from a category perspective on key ad-hoc requests to maximise market share.
- 2yrs+ FMCG Category experience, ideally in food or drinks
- Understanding of data analysis and insight generation with strong skills on core data platforms e.g. Nielsen, Kantar, Dunnhumby, Sainsburys Insight Platform
- A driven, self-starter able to establish, foster & build great customer relationships with the trade
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!