Factory Planning and Warehouse Manager
New Century, Kansas
About the Role!
Reporting to the Site Operations Director and a member of the Site leadership team, the New Century Factory Planning and Warehouse Manager is a role that oversees all aspects of Materials Management, Daily Planning, Logistics and Warehouse Operations to ensure all materials and finished goods are properly received, stored, maintained accurately, and provided to internal customers on-time to support our Manufacturing activities or shipped to our Distribution Centers.
The role is responsible for inbound material receipt including bulk oils in tanker trucks and totes, raw material ingredients in bags, boxes, totes and drums and packaging on pallets. Internally the role is responsible for managing all material inventory, daily production planning, following purchasing procedures and inventory record accuracy. Outbound responsibilities and oversight includes shipment of finished goods to a local Upfield distribution center, east and west coast DCs and direct to customer shipments. The role works collaboratively with key business partners to ensure timeliness of execution & replenishment of materials interacting with Material Planning, Plant Logistics, Operations, Procurement and Warehousing to identify and meet business requirements. The role also works closely with these business partners to identify best practices and address challenges timely and appropriately.
The New Century Logistics Manager has direct reports including Warehouse Supervisor, Planning Supervisor and a team of approximately 40 salaried and hourly employees. They work as a coach and mentor to their team with responsibility to train, coach and develop. To succeed in this position, they must be capable of planning the workload, motivating their team, leading by doing and communicating clearly and effectively to internal teams. The role has functional reporting responsibilities (dotted line) into the US planning leadership team located in NJ.
- Deliver year on year Logistics cost reduction ($/pallet, $/tonne).
- Deliver productivity and value creation projects (inbound, storage, outbound, labor, consumables, maintenance, fees – detention and demurrage).
- Manage within annual budget.
- Improve in-process metrics to deliver customer service (iDocs, Schedule adherence, IRA, inventory adjustments).
- Supervises and provides daily leadership, supervision and support to the Material Planning, Warehousing and Shipping Teams.
- Schedules, organizes, and allocates resources to meet the demands of the facility.
- Determines best practices and effective utilization of employees for the receiving, unloading, storage and distribution of incoming materials & outgoing finished goods.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and materials controls to ensure continuity of the production plan.
- Ensures timely processing of Goods Receipts.
- Manages the number of Trailers on Yard to minimize Trailer Detention charges.
- Establishes procedures and supervises the cycle counts, quarterly and annual physical inventory activities according to Financial Guidelines to achieve >99% inventory accuracy.
- Ensures all materials returns are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensures all Bill of Materials (BOMs) read accurately in ERP system and ensures R&D and Master Data Teams support to ensure required corrections are implemented.
- Continuously update employees on procedural changes.
- Identifies deficiencies, proposes improvement activities, and oversees their implementation.
- Establishes and implements standardized practices and procedures and tools that foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible to identify and execute cost savings opportunities through systems, efficiency improvement and equipment management.
- Responsible for capacity planning, understanding the plant capacities and assures schedules are aligned with plant capabilities.
- Works directly with Procurement and Finance to drive service accountability and savings opportunities are identified and executed.
- Staffs, trains, evaluates and develops team members.
- Monitors performance, provides regular feedback and conducts annual performance reviews for team.
- Ensures team members follow Company safety procedures when working and operating tools and machinery and wears required PPE at all times.
- Works with the Health & Safety Administrator to ensure safe work practices and workplaces are maintained at all times including ensuring team members are adequately trained to perform role and use tools and machinery.
- Ensures that plant operating strategies are documented and aligned with central planning efforts, such as correct operational assumptions and constraints are built into rough cut capacity plans.
- Works with the central planning team to understand upcoming initiatives and changes in demand as well as share relevant information from the plant operation that may impact short or long term planning efforts.
- Identifies and remove barriers to continuously improve Logistic processes and metrics (i.e. Fill rate, IRA, MPSA).
The New Century Factory Planning and Warehouse Manager will understand big picture ideas and work to incorporate company-wide goals and values into our Supply Chain. This person is a focal point of the tactical operation of the plant with numerous interfaces with people from a variety of functions requiring good judgment, strong people skills, process understanding and growth mindset.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory/management experience in a unionized manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of Logistics and Supply Chain Planning related experience.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Strong organization, time-management, analytical skills and at managing data at a detailed level.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively work remotely with a wide variety of functions in the Corporate Teams.
- Knowledge of SAP ECC/S4 an asset.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet. We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
New Century is our largest manufacturing facility globally and of critical importance to our current success and future ambitions.