New Century, KS
About the Role!
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for all activities involving the hourly workforce to include daily scheduling, vacation scheduling and monitoring, attendance monitoring, and uniforms management. This role will have all responsibility for administrative tasks that directly affect the hourly employees and must be done accurately and timely to prevent Labor Relations issues.
The Operations Coordinator role is a Permanent Full-time, Exempt role.
- Responsible for daily scheduling of all employees in Operations in accordance to the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). This includes scheduling for shifts as well as planned overtime, and daily overtime. In completing the People Schedule, the Operations Coordinator will also be aware of employees on known absences (jury duty, bereavement, Leave of Absence, etc) which will aid in the attendance tracking.
- Responsible for tracking attendance of employees utilizing resources from Supervisors, Payroll, and HR. This includes drafting Warning letters and sending them to Supervisors for timely administration per the CBA.
- Responsible for managing the annual Operations Weekly Vacation Calendar. This includes updating the vacation calendar throughout the year as changes are made while ensuring company guidelines are met. Responsible to ensure employees receive all their vacation days and not exceeding their entitlement.
- Ensures that all new employees get uniforms as well as addressing employee’s uniform issues and working with the Vendor to resolve.
- Responsible for assisting Supervisors with the calling in of employees for overtime and documenting such.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; the ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders, internal and external partners.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
If you're selected, you will start off with a pre-screen call and potentially be part of the 3 step interview process.
All interviews will be virtual and will range from 30 to 45 minutes each. Once an ideal candidate is selected, you will proceed with a Background Check, Drug Screen and COVID exam before entering our New Century facility.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.