At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward each other, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
About the Role!
The Maintenance Mechanic is proactive; Responsible for troubleshooting, preventative and overall maintenance, repair of process and production equipment.
This role reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
The hours are 10:30 PM - 6:30 AM EST. Must be able to work 1 day every other weekend.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and adjust plant equipment and production support equipment as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance on plant equipment in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Complete all required documentation including fully updating SAP maintenance system.
- Secure machine safety guards and ensure all work is managed following the HACCP and GMP policies/processes of a Food Manufacturing facility.
- Support quality and food safety programs via FSSC 22000 and HACCP.
- Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Environmental Protection Act, The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Technical Standards and Services Act.
You have a strong sense of teamwork and ability to work cross functionally between team members.
- High School Diploma and Industrial Mechanic Millwright Certificate (433A) required.
- 3+ years’ experience as an Industrial Millwright required; 5+ years’ experience and Food Manufacturing plant experience ideal.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and HACCP trained preferred – Safety First mentality!
- Electromechanical (sensors, drives, HMI, etc.) working knowledge is a plus.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!