UKI Marketing Finance Business Partner
UKI Marketing Finance Business Partner
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The Marketing Finance Business Partner will be reporting into the Senior Commercial Finance Manager and will play a critical role in the UK&I finance team supporting the UK&I Marketing team. The role requires strong working relationships with local finance, European & Central Finance teams plus our Shared Services teams.
Forecasting and Budgeting
- Understand Brand ambitions for the following year and building them into sales plans
- Work with the Marketing team on new product introductions and the link into the budgeting cycle
- Work with Senior Commercial Finance Manager to produce the financial forecast for the S&OP cycle feeding into the relevant reporting decks through the cycle linking to brand ambitions
- Key involvement in producing the yearly budget linking in with the European and Central Finance teams to understand the timetable of deliverables and reporting decks required
- Build different scenarios through the budget process to allow key stakeholders to see the financial impact of potential outcomes
- Forecast the A&P spend by month by brand for current year with the Marketing team that links into agreed activity and ROI analysis
- Work with Marketing to understand key business drivers to business unit performance
- Working with Supply Chain finance to improve processes and procedures and drive efficiencies. This will include better communication flows, improved integrity in sku costings and driving collaboration on value creation initiatives
- Understand key risks and opportunities identified with the business and how to mitigate/deliver these options
- Build strong working relationship with the Marketing team to become a trusted business partner
- The E Commerce channel is an important channel for Upfield. This will be an area of growth where it is important to understand ROI and sales. Finance support will be crucial.
- Look to build return on investment analysis across brands for Marketing spend by brand/by customer
- Feed output of ROI analysis into senior stakeholder business decision making
- Provide robust ad hoc analysis to Marketing that aids them in understanding potential options to improve business performance
- Able to effectively communicate financial information to non finance people helping them to understand the insight in the analysis performed
- Deputise for the Senior Commercial Finance Manager in key meetings were necessary
- Ability to work with different levels of stakeholders to build rapport and become a trusted partner
- Understand the requirements of different finance teams (European and Central Finance) for insight into the UK and Ireland result and be able to effectively communicate performance
- Interaction with UK and Ireland CFO
- Deputise for the Commercial Finance manager in key meetings as and when required
Skills and Capabilities Required
- Strong academic record
- Experience in a Commercial Finance roles
- CIMA Finalist or Newly Qualified
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Good work ethic, attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!