The position will start work in Rexdale and will eventually work out of Brantford, ON permanently.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
About the Role!
The Hygiene Technician position will work safely by observing all safety rules, including proper utilization of lock out tag out. The Hygiene Technician position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the building, equipment, fixtures, and furnishings using Sanitation practices such as but not restricted to: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Clean in Place (CIP) and clean out of place (COP). Perform routine maintenance including vacuuming; sweeping, and mopping floors; dusting, washing walls, doors, and windows, emptying trash, power washing, scrubbing floor and other needed areas. Reports major repair and maintenance needs.
This role is currently located at our Rexdale facility under the Teamsters Local Union 647 and pays $22.15/hr.
The hourly wage is subject to change as the role begins working out of our new Brantford,ON facility (in 2022).
- Knowledge and understanding of national Safety and Environmental legislation and company policy, systems, and practice relevant to Sourcing Unit and the legal responsibility placed upon individuals.
- Ensure that procedures and practice adhere to safety policy and legislation.
- Wear required PPE while performing all job duties.
- Certain tasks require additional PPE including but not limited to, gloves, apron, waterproof boots, goggles, and a face shield
- Complete basic chemical safety training
- Must actively contribute to the safe working environment
- Safe, licensed operation of powered industrial vehicles
- May be required to complete or contribute to S-EWO and associated paperwork.
- Complete work at heights training and pass the evaluation, safely perform responsibilities that fall within work at heights guidelines
- Working in this area requires movement and operation of a forklift
Searching for an energetic Hygiene Technician that will maintain an environment that produces a product going from factory to table.
- HS Diploma required; College degree an asset.
- Minimum 2 years’ industry experience; dairy experience ideal.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Industrial Hygiene training and certifications preferred.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!