Performance Finance Manager
About the Role!
You will sit at our Toronto office (starting off on a rotational schedule), reporting into the Head of Finance for Canada. You will lead the Performance Management Team (FP&A) analyzing and interpreting divisional financial results and trends, including margins, revenue, and costs.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the performance management team with emphasis on continuous improvement and ensuring all financial analysis and corresponding reports are accurate, timely and address the needs of the business.
- Detailed analysis of customer & brand profitability, margin trends, trade and marketing expenses (including reconciliation) and interpretation of divisional financial results
- Perform financial modeling to support decision making both for planning and value creation, leading to ROI, NPV, payback and other financial measurements.
- Lead the Month End close/reporting & analysis of Financial results.
- Participate in month-end close meetings with Accounting, Operations, and senior management.
- Assist with the financial planning of the total company annual budget process, acting as the key contact for all Corporate department heads.
- Assist in the review/audit of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting of corporate results.
- Prepare accurate weekly financial forecasts for senior management including Opps/Risk assessment.
- Work with the Finance and Operations management to help implement policies related to establishing reliable and accurate cut-off and accrual procedures, expense approvals, etc.
- Working with various groups (Finance, Operations, IT), as required, to assist in the integration of business acquisitions.
- Develop, analyze, and communicate ad hoc financial reports to the business.
- Prepare materials and presentations for board meetings and senior management.
This position requires a highly motivated, hands on, detail oriented and organized individual with strong communication, inter-personal skills and the ability to work independently.
- Undergraduate degree and professional accounting designation required (or working toward completion).
- Ability to consolidate, analyze and summarize large amounts of data from a variety of sources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to build complex formulas to support quantitative analysis, modelling, trend analysis and exception reporting.
- Experience with SAP, BI products (Power BI, Tableau, etc.).
- Strong communication, relationship building and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively get ahead of deliverables and manage multiple priorities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- CPG experience an asset including working in multi-region reporting environment
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.