Team Lead - Kroger
About the Role!
The Team Lead is responsible for the delivery of business results and the development of sustained business relationships with all key Kroger contacts. The scope of the role includes our Kroger business nationally, as well as Harris Teeter for the full Upfield portfolio: Spreads brands (Country Crock, “I can’t believe it’s not Butter”, etc.) as well as the Violife Vegan Cheese brand. This position is responsible for the direct leadership and development of a Key Account Manager and a Sales analyst (2 direct reports) as well managing third party agency partners for Harris Teeter and the Violife brand at Kroger. The Team Lead will also be responsible for delivering results with support from cross-functional resources in Category Management, Supply Chain and Shopper Marketing.
The role will translate the Upfield strategy into customer specific Joint Business Plans that will deliver profitably growth. Upfield is in growth mode and you will be supported in your mission with core brand renovation, innovation, and a company-wide digital transformation.
The candidate must have a strong business acumen and must also possess the ability to build great relationships, both internally and externally. Prior experience with a major account is a must.
- Achieve profit, volume, distribution and other key metrics as agreed
- Develop and implement sales plans for both new and existing business
- Build value-enhancing relationships with key contacts
- Negotiation of contractual terms to ensure maximum ROI for Upfield
- Sharing of best practice across extended teams, to ensure the activation of these practices
- Management and development of team and partners to maximize results
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven track record in selling with progressive influence on ROI
- Extensive experience and knowledge of direct customer management (5 years) with track record of delivery
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into a tactical plan
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills
- Strong Planning and Analytical Skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Good influencing, interpersonal, and communication skills including verbal, written
- Understanding of P&L, financial projections, and financial metrics
- Strong knowledge of POS Reporting systems and Sales Planning Systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Travel to include customer visits, team meetings, and trade shows
A recruiter will review resumes and if you are selected, you will be sent an assessment + a request to schedule a phone chat with you.
If we're a mutual match, you will proceed to the interview process which is entirely virtual - both virtual face-to-face and phone interviews (3 total).
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.