Electrical Technician (10:30PM - 6:30AM Shift)
About the Role!
You are an experienced Electrical Technician with a minimum of 2 years of experience, and an asset if you've already worked in a manufacturing environment.
You currently currently hold either a 309A or 442A certification and have either a Technical Degree or HS Diploma.
You will work at Rexdale as Electrical Technician through the Union and will be paid hourly. You will start off on night shift (10:30PM-6:30AM) and can transition to another shift once there is a vacancy or bid change.
This is a responsible support position that directly interfaces with and proactively supports our Production Facility.
Other on-going activities include leading 5s activities and helping push forward the overall TPM agenda. Working on focused improvements and being an active member of a cell team responsible for the overall safety, quality, waste and efficiency of a set of lines.
- Have solid computer & typing skills and be able to use Microsoft Windows Products.
- Have experience using test electronic test equipment.
- Be experienced and able to use hand tools, small power tools and pneumatic tools.
- Be able to read and understand technical drawings, P&ID’s, datasheets, and written work instructions.
- Customizes systems and adjustments or repairs according to written specifications.
- Maintains and writes work procedures and all related documentation for each task performed.
- Works closely with engineering & Equipment suppliers to modify systems according to custom requirements.
- Knack to detect electronic malfunctions and restore the same immediately.
- Ability to effectively use electronic repair tools and testers.
- Ability to effectively manage time and complete all tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure all work is managed in such a way as to adhere to the HACCP and GMP policies/processes of a Food Manufacturing facility.
- Complete all required documentation including fully updating the CMMS.
- Participate in all TPM training and apply this knowledge to the daily job duties and responsibilities.
- Update all related KPI information and graphs as required.
You have a strong sense of teamwork and ability to work cross functionally between team members.
- High School Diploma or Technical Diploma in industrial Electricity required.
- Certification required: Certified Electrician (309A or 442A).
- 2+ years’ experience as an Electrician.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and HACCP trained preferred.
- Familiarity and ability to troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLC Code; Allen Bradley AC, DC VFD, Servo.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.