Channel Category Manager
Channel Category Manager Retail
You have the opportunity to grow Plant Power within the Belgian Retail market, as a Channel Category Manager Retail you will be responsible for translating Upfield’s category vision into a channel strategy. Thanks to your experience and your network within the Belgian FMCG or retail landscape you will be able to build strong relationships and to drive our Plant based growth agenda year on year.
Led by the Senior Trade Category Manager Retail and in strong collaboration with sales team, you will be able to leverage the full capability of our local go to market organization to sustainably grow our business. Your strong personality and entrepreneurial spirit will help you to identify and develop collaboration opportunities in order to achieve growth in both short and long term.
Our great and well-known brands, the exciting journey of plant-based products and the effect the reduction of carbon footprint brings to the world, will provide a great challenge and development of the company and our employees. Working with us gives you opportunity to grow and learn every day in an entrepreneurial team set up.
We are currently looking for a Channel Category Manager to join our Trade Category Management team in our Brussels office, who will directly report to the Senior Trade Category Manager Retail.
As Channel Category Manager at Upfield you will have an exciting opportunity to develop strong channel category plans (with an important focus on the e-commerce channel) and build strong customer relationships in order to grow our business ahead of the market. You will be accountable for developing a strong channel strategy in line with the business objectives set, which will be integrated in the customer business plans through the best integration of the Upfield strategy and the customer’s strategy. You will aim to grow Upfield business stronger in the growing, profitable retail channels through our products in order to achieve our business targets on both growth & profit.
- Translate Upfield category vision into retail channel strategy
- Define the role of each category/channel combination
- Analyse 4P's (Product assortment, Place, Promo, Price) per channel to develop Shopper insights
- Create channel specific action plans, assist in developing channel relevant Joint-Business-Plans for our Key customers with the greatest growth potential
- Assist in developing and translate our trade stories to make them channel relevant
- Continuously follow up, evaluate and optimize the business on channel & customer channel level
- Demonstrate and apply our category and consumer understanding at our key customers on channel level
Become the undisputed E-commerce expert for the Belgian retail team:
- Implement & follow up of E-commerce strategy (Fit for Ecom, Performance Marketing, Data sharing)
- Optimize content & track digital shelf performance (portfolio availability, perfect digital shelf, Search Engine Optimisation)
- Track and measure the performance of the e-commerce channel
- Increase revenue effectiveness of spend, take appropriate actions based on analysis
- Actively build customer e-com network, organise regular e-comm customer touch points
- Work in cross-category teams with marketing, customer development, supply chain and finance to drive business performance
What do you bring?
- Master degree or equivalent by experience, a degree in economics is an asset
- E-commerce experience in a sales context is essential
- Good understanding of business financials (P&L, value chain) and analytical skills
- Great communication and presentation skills, fluent in Dutch, French and English
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
What We Offer You
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
An exciting role and a platform for further development and growth.
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a good understanding of the FMCG business, and would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
People around the world are embracing plant-based foods for both health and ethical reasons. We are the authority in plant-based nutrition and the leading producer of plant-based spreads globally. Our vision for a “Better Plant-Based Future” drives positive change in people’s health, their daily lives and our planet’s sustainability. With our expertise in food and nutrition, we are leading in this new era focused on more natural ingredients, clean labelling and processes that deliver healthier products that are great tasting and have superior quality. Around the world, consumers know and love our iconic products, examples in Belgium are SOLO, PRO-ACTIV, BECEL, PLANTA and EFFI.
Interested in this role?
Apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
If you want to get in touch with us about this position, you can send a whatsapp message to our Talent acquisition specialist Milou van Regteren at +31 6 15697958.
#upfield #upfielders #LK-MR1