Senior Sales Manager - Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei
Senior Sales Manager - Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei
Location - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
- We are currently looking for a Senior Sales Manager to join our Customer Development Department in Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei market and who will directly report to the Sales Director Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand.
- You will be crucial to ensure country growth plan and serve as a key influencer to Upfield’s business partners. You should be initiative driver, problem solver and willing to lead within the Team in all circumstances. Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and peers. Lastly, you will have abilities to present and sell ideas and techniques to all Upfield personnel that are potentially new ways of achieving profitable sales growth and Net in Profit (NIP) targets.
- Manage Net Sales Value (NSV, Trade Spend, and share growth targets on all brands within region. Deliver operational objectives: trade spend, direct customer contribution, net in pocket, sales, contribution margin, deduction levels, and in-directs.
- Drive distribution partners, delivering the individual and collective success required of the region.
- Identify trade spend efficiencies, opportunities, and risks. Develop customer and category specific trade plans that achieve growth targets.
- Identify opportunities and raise through the proper channels.
- Coordinate promotion and new item activities.
- Communicate all customer, market, and channel activities, opportunities, and risks.
- Managing a complex Upfield portfolio, and multiple business priorities.
- Managing a challenging customer environment.
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in in business or marketing is preferred.
- Strong track record (5- 7 years) in a similar role with across sales management
- Demonstrated Distributor management & Local Chain management experience and customer-focused attitude
- Forecasting and customer planning experience
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and cross functional capabilities
- FMCG experience – preferably in food industry
- Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, and a good team player
- Good communication, “people skills” and strong negotiation skills
- Strong organization skills, discipline, and brilliance in execution
- A willingness to perform in a role that covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities – both hands-on (operational) and strategic.
- Flair for independent and self-starting connectivity with customers and key stakeholders
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!