Credit and A/R Analyst
About Your Role!
In this role, you'll be responsible for managing accounts receivable for designated customers. You will be the first point of contact for customers and internal stakeholders on AR related queries for those accounts.
This role will provide instructions to the BPO to carry out transactional activities and work closely with local finance and financial shared services to manage working capital through payment performance, bad debt management and proactive and timely dispute resolution.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Work with customers to ensure timely collection of overdue invoices
- Issue proactive dunning communication to key accounts
- Build relationships with customer AP contacts
- Manage working capital through trade term compliance
- Manage and mitigate bad debt and minimize bad debt provision
- Ensure customer receive the invoices on time and there are no rejected invoices
- Handle cash discounts and collect on invalid discount taken
- Web collect communications going out to designated accounts
- Prepare cheque deposits to the bank if requested and as a backup
- Reduce the current gap of theory DSO and Client DSO on the designated accounts (max 10% difference in both numbers)
- No invoices past due over 5 days on designated accounts (unless there is a dispute/claim logged with customer)
- Work with CG team to not have any credits open and aged over 48 hours on designated accounts
- Assist CG with managing accounts assigned to CG team
- Monitor weekly the global reports on DSO
- Assist with successful Price increase by ensuring customer receive correct invoices, no rejections on invoices
- Drive improvements in Credit, A/R
Credit Control management
- Review credit applications and set appropriate credit limits in line with policy and guide CG on non key account set up
- Complete customer credit reviews in line with policy
- Maintain insurance on all accounts with Euler
- Monitor trigger events for key accounts and non key accounts as CG is not familiar with local market
- Respond to customer queries
- Work with internal/external stakeholders including Financial Shared Services, Key Account Managers, Local Finance and BPO to proactively resolve issues and queries
- Assist/prepare weekly local reporting, biweekly global reporting
- Provide customer insights and reporting to Key Account Managers
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.