Senior Tax & Statutory Manager - Turkey
As being the Senior Tax & Statutory Manager, you will be responsible for the end-to-end Local bookkeeping, Statutory Reporting and Tax Management processes. Reporting directly to Senior Country Controller, you will work cross-functionally with the local and central team to support, coordinate and facilitate the implementation of new and improved structures, processes and activities, while ensuring robust control environment.
This person will work in close partnership with Tax Specialist, RtR Manager, Commercial Finance BP and Finance Shared Service team as well as external counterparties such as Tax Consultants, external auditors and tax auditors.
- Ensuring local books of 3 legal entities are in-line with local Chart of Accounts and regulations
- Managing end to end tax operations of 3 legal entities in the market
- First point of contact for the audits of Tax Office, preparing all the required documents, justifications, explanations etc
- Ensuring OTIF monthly E-Ledger submissions for 3 legal entities in-line with local CoA
- Preparation of all the necessary financials for Tax Filings and checking the final reports
- Tax bookings, adjustments and corrections of 3 legal entities.
- Manage Potential tax refund process for VAT, CIT etc.
- Manage additional tax submissions specific to Turkey: e.g., Gekap, Inward processing, BA / BS report
- Manage Stamp tax submissions including the review of all contractual requirements
- Local commercial contract set-up and management, in conjunction with any local legal advisers
- Ensuring correct submission to tax authorities for Withholding Invoices
- Perform Tax related controls for the loans / interest etc
- Ensure OTIF SMF invoicing compliant with tax requirements
- Guiding the business, support/direct all the functions for the tax impacts of non-routine transaction/operations (export committed sales, importing / exporting fixed assets, samples etc.)
- Managing ticket process for SAP/Eledger regarding E-Ledger and other tax related topics
- Working with EY on annual Transfer Pricing Document
- Lead Statutory audit process and reporting, managing relationship with external auditors
- Support Internal Audit team and drive full implementation of any recommendations
- A very strong academic record
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience on Tax & Statutory Reporting
- Professional Accounting qualification, solid reporting and control skill-set
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization (cross-functional) with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of tax and local reporting standards
- Very strong track record of delivery in previous Finance roles
- Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines, great communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical abilities and excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Good command of SAP systems
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Some countries/regions might want to include this section where you can itemise why the candidate should join us. This can include Salary/benefits/working environment etc – can be bullet points]
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.