This role will start at the Rexdale facility and transition permanently to Brantford by December 2021.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and dotted line to the Logistics Lead, the Warehouse Lead is responsible to provide safe, GMP compliant, secure, and efficient handling and storage of raw and packaging materials, supplies, WIP and finished goods.
You lead hourly staff who are engaged in transporting and loading/unloading materials for shipment or storage, operating key equipment including lift trucks, palletizer and conduct all necessary transactions related to receiving, inventory movements, goods receipts, and the delivery process in our ERP SAP.
Your role goes beyond the daily operations of the warehouse to support the production team achieve their targets.
Your Main Responsibilities:
1. Ensure established Health and Safety Act requirements as well as company EHS Policies are being followed. Identify areas of risk regarding safety and initiate remediation, and/or bring them to the attention of the Safety Committee.
2. Develop & Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for WH operations, storage, material & equipment handling.
3. Develop and lead direct reports, hourly staff and associates by communicating KPIs and goals to measure effectiveness
4. Manage all SAP warehouse activities on assigned shift, which includes receiving, inventory movements, goods receipt, and delivery.
5. Support shipping activities with Customers (internal & external) for outbound shipments, samples and R&D support
6. Act as the interface between factory and external logistics providers (warehouse, carriers).
7. Work alongside Planning and Operations team to align on weekly schedules to optimize efficiencies and storage capabilities of Warehousing operations.
8. Deliver Budget Reports to Factory Director and logistics lead, invoice approvals, tracking of spend vs. budget.
9. Cascades company and department targets to direct reports to achieve individual and group goals efficiently.
10. Prepare and coordinate schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control the flow of goods and regulate warehouse space.
11. Provide support to the plant material planners with accurate inventory balances through plant cycle-count programs
12. Play a significant role in developing maintenance solutions to drive department improvements.
13. Assist in delivering required training to ensure that all coworkers have the necessary skills to perform their jobs properly and safely.
14. Apply continuous improvement concepts and opportunities to all warehouse related activities (COLOS, RFID tags etc.)
15. Assist in the tracking and reporting of shipping and receiving data, explaining any variances
16. Participate in the development of the annual department budget.
17. Support quality and food safety programs.
You are responsible for the efficient material management of all raw and packaging materials as well as finished SKU’s in a food manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of an undergrad degree.
- 3 – 5 years experience in manufacturing environment, including warehousing experience.
- Expertise in production planning, capacity planning, ERP & MRP systems, specifically SAP.
- Strong analytical and technical thought process.
- Leadership skills - Problem solving and decision making.
- Proficient in written and verbal instruction and effective presentation skills.
- Tech savvy (MS Excel, additional systems we can train you on).
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.