About the Role!
You'll be joining Upfield, Canada in the midst of it's transformational stage and you'll start your role at the current Rexdale facility (currently shared) and will transition permanently to our newest (ours only) facility in Brantford by January 2022.
You'll have a handful of direct reports and will manage our facility through the transition and into our new home.
Your previous experience in a plant leadership role will directly play into your success at Upfield. You will be responsible for directing and coordinating all manufacturing activities at the facility in order to meet and exceed operational goals and objectives, specifically in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, employee relations, customer service, product quality, cost and productivity.
- Join EHS Lead to drive the cultural change based on behavioral safety awareness, where unsafe acts are not tolerated, Near Misses are dealt with and learned from, and employees and management have a common goal of zero injuries. Work to ensure compliance in all environmental aspects
- Actively participate in JHSC meetings and actions resolution.
- Create and maintain an environment that fosters high levels of employee engagement.
- Ensure through stablished cadence that operations are running at the highest levels of efficiency.
- Participate in monthly GMP and Food safety inspections and lead, monitor and ensure corrective actions are completed as necessary as per factory inspections.
- Track and report facility productivity improvements.
- Participate and lead daily production meetings, review and track daily shift reports and KPIs to ensure proper alignment between all parties.
- Manage within established budget commitments, performing regular cost reviews and making improvements to discretionary cost spending
- Support and develop Production Supervisors in operations issues and troubleshooting.
- Assist the Maintenance Lead in planning annual shutdowns and Efficiency programs.
- Responsible for developing and driving Operations Excellence Plans to help meet safety, quality and production goals and show continuous improvement throughout the facility.
- Assist Shift Supervisors with personnel issues by participating in investigations and recommending corrective actions as necessary.
You are an experienced and hands-on leader who is capable of leading technological and cultural change to drive performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment + Previous Manager/Leadership experience.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.