Key Account Manager - Top 4 Retailer
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Flora, Stork, Elmlea and Bertolli that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Reporting into the Retail Sales leadership team, the Key Account Manager is an active member of the Sales team, with a focus on medium to long term planning and face to face selling of our products to a defined customer. You will have overall responsibility for developing and executing their customer strategy and business plan and will also be responsible for the achievement of turn over and the P&L of their customers to optimize the category strategies.
- P&L management, both internal and external
- Translating total market and channel strategies into account specific annual plans
- Identifying long and short-term opportunities and risks, and building plans to capitalise on or offset those
- Building and negotiating yearly JBPs with the customer based on Upfield and customer strategic plans to deliver KPIs
- Building strong promotional plan recommendations to drive top line performance, therefore optimising Upfield market share, whilst managing profit targets
- Partnering with Category to understand market dynamics, retailer performance and opportunity areas for the customers
- Partnering with Supply Chain to ensure great customer service
- Partnering with Marketing to land NPD and drive customer engagement with our brands
- Full participation in forecasting cycle and their Sales specific responsibilities within pre-defined timelines
- Building and developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Take a leadership role within the KAM community, supporting with the upskilling and onboarding on more junior Upfielders, alongside helping to drive the strategic thinking for the Sales function
- Top 4 FMCG account manager experience
- Commercially astute and holding self and others accountable to drive, deliver and track performance
- A relentless desire to work towards delivering on time, high quality solutions and results that delight our internal and external customers
- Able to deliver value to the customer and Upfield by introducing and building innovative plans and strategies
- Successful negotiator whilst demonstrating ability to build strong, collaborative relationships internally and externally
- The ability to adapt to and embrace change in a fast-paced environment and using own initiative to solve problems both for the customer and wider business
- The ambition to take a leadership role within your peer set to drive the capability of the Sales team forward
- The ability to interpret market and competitor data and to translate into business strategy
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we will give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!