Senior Financial Controller
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Flora, Country Crock, Blue Band and Bertoli that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
North West Europe covers the UK & Ireland and the Nordic countries (Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Baltics). The Senior Financial Controller will cover all aspects of financial accounting and reporting for these countries including month end close, tax, audit, statutory reporting, payroll and R2R liaison with the shared service centre.
Group Audit and Statutory Reporting
- Key point of contact for all NWE markets for delivery of Group Audit in line with Group timetables
- Work closely with external auditors to plan and deliver external audit at year end and ensure there is alignment on key deliverables & areas of focus.
- Build a good working relationship with external auditors and key point of contact for internal audit enquiries.
- Co ordinate direct reports to ensure prioritisation of audit requirements.
- Create and own a NWE group audit plan including liaison with shared service centre to get key outputs on time
- Owner of statutory local audit for UK, Ireland, Sweden, Finland and Denmark companies
- File accounts with local bodies within timeframes allowed.
- Liaise with EY who directly support on filing local statutory accounts and ensure there is aligned plan for delivery within the required timeframes.
- Understand in detail historic topside adjustments from the trial balance to the reported stat accounts.
- Be well versed in IFRS reporting standards and keep up to speed with any new developments.
- In conjunction with EY, be able to understand the local tax computations for the statutory audits.
- Work with Financial controller on UK&I and Nordics local VAT requirements including filing on time and to be able to answer any queries raised by local tax bodies
- Review and sign off on Corporation Tax payments made for the UK&I and Nordics
- Understand the group intercompany transfer price policy and the tax implications this has
- Liaise with Group Tax team where necessary for North West Europe
Payroll and Overheads
- Full ownership for UK&I overheads in conjunction with Financial controller – budgets, actuals and forecasts.
- Review of payroll in North West Europe including all bonus schemes
- Cost Centre reporting of overheads for NWE to give budget holders visibility of their spend by type
Month End Close and Record to Report (R2R)
- Key point of contact for all matters regarding the month end close across North West Europe
- Review balance sheet reconciliations for key general ledger codes, challenge where necessary and use the shared service function to help on R2R queries.
- Build of actuals for the month for P&L and Balance Sheet for North West Europe – including by brand and by customer reporting
- Liaison with Commercial Finance team to match actuals performance to forecasted performance with all variances understood.
- Strong academic record
- ACCA or ACA Qualified
- Audited multi nationals while in practice
- Post qualified experience in Industry – 2 to 3 years
- Use of SAP is desired
- Experience of Stat Accounts – UK and beyond
- Management Experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Good work ethic, attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!