Senior Financial Controller - UK,I & Nordics
As our Senior Financial Controller you will report directly into the Head of Finance UK&I while working closely with the Head of Finance in the Nordics. You will be responsible for all aspects of financial accounting and reporting for North West Europe including month end close, tax, audit, statutory reporting, payroll and R2R liaison with the shared service center. North West Europe covers the UK & Ireland and the Nordic countries (Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway).
Group Audit and Statutory Reporting
- Key point of contact for all NWE markets for delivery of Group Audit in line with Group timetables
- Work closely with external auditors to plan and deliver external audit at year end and ensure there is alignment on key deliverables & areas of focus.
- Build a good working relationship with external auditors and key point of contact for internal audit enquiries.
- Co ordinate direct reports to ensure prioritization of audit requirements.
- Create and own a NWE group audit plan including liaison with shared service center to get key outputs on time
- Owner of statutory local audit for UK, Ireland, Sweden, Finland and Denmark companies
- File accounts with local bodies within timeframes allowed.
- Liaise with EY who directly support on filing local statutory accounts and ensure there is aligned plan for delivery within the required timeframes.
- Understand in detail historic topside adjustments from the trial balance to the reported stat accounts.
- Be well versed in IFRS reporting standards and keep up to speed with any new developments.
- In conjunction with EY, be able to understand the local tax computations for the statutory audits.
- Work with Financial controller on UK&I and Nordics local VAT requirements including filing on time and to be able to answer any queries raised by local tax bodies
- Review and sign off on Corporation Tax payments made for the UK&I and Nordics
- Understand the group intercompany transfer price policy and the tax implications this has
- Liaise with Group Tax team where necessary for North West Europe
Payroll and Overheads
- Full ownership for UK&I overheads in conjunction with Financial controller – budgets, actuals and forecasts.
- Review of payroll in North West Europe including all bonus schemes
- Cost Centre reporting of overheads for NWE to give budget holders visibility of their spend by type
Month End Close and Record to Report (R2R)
- Key point of contact for all matters regarding the month end close across North West Europe
- Review balance sheet reconciliations for key general ledger codes, challenge where necessary and use the shared service function to help on R2R queries.
- Build of actuals for the month for P&L and Balance Sheet for North West Europe – including by brand and by customer reporting
- Liaison with Commercial Finance team to match actuals performance to forecasted performance with all variances understood.
You have a strong academic record and audited multi nationals while in practice. You have about 2 to 3 years of post qualified experience in Industry and are ACCA or ACA qualified. Having experience with different IT tools is a big plus, we are working with Excel / SAP / BPC, and work experience with IFRS is expected. Since you'll be working across multiple countries experience of Stat Account for the UK and beyond is expected.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!