Assistant Brand Manager
Assistant Brand Manager Blue Band & Minyak Samin Cap Onta
[Location – Jakartya, Indonesia]
Our business has been on an incredible growth journey for the past several years and has major ambitions to further step-change growth in the dynamic food category. We must attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
This is an exciting time to join a leading plant-based brand in the spreads/butter category with aggressive ambition for 2021 and beyond. We’re looking to hire a Brand Manager for Blueband & Minyak Samin Cap Onta, the biggest brand in our Asia portfolio. Blueband & Minyak Samin Cap Onta are iconic brands in the foods industry, with a fantastic growth trajectory.
The Brand Manager will work on the creative development and execution of our marketing programs as well as lead many key performance aspects of the business, reporting directly to the Regional Marketing Director. They will be working closely with a social coordinator to drive forward the brand’s digital transformation agenda. This manager will join the Upfield marketing team with a variety of opportunities to develop their marketing acumen and show leadership potential to further their career within the organization.
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop overall communications strategy and marketing plan for the Blueband & Minyak Samin Cap Onta brand
- Work with media agency and colleagues at key digital platforms (eg. Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube) to develop test and scale approach for audience-driven digital media
- Create and execute custom content with digital publisher partners in the food and lifestyle space
- Own our branded channel strategy including website and social media handles (FB, IG, Twitter etc.)
- Provide marketing intelligence insights in conjunction with media agency to synthesize and optimize activities in the areas of paid and owned media (tv, digital, social, website), with an eye towards learning and utilizing our data management platforms to extend our targeting capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA.
- 2+ years of relevant experience (i.e. brand management, digital marketing, media, food/consumer space).
- Passion for food!
- High level of interpersonal skills leading cross-functional teams
- Passion for marketing communication and ability to identify and develop strong creative
- Strong analytical skills and passion for deriving insights from data
- Ability to opportunistically identify avenues for brand growth in emerging channels
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Flora, Blueband, Minyak Samin Cap Onta, Country Rock, I can’t believe it’s not butter that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.