Jr. Demand Planner
About the Role!
The Junior Demand Planner is responsible for developing a 12-15 month rolling forecast, providing guidance across functions through the monthly S&OP process, and driving communication on volumes and business health. The Demand Planner seeks to understand the intricacies of the category& market dynamics and act as a Supply Chain representative in partnering with Marketing and Sales.
The position objective is to manage the demand forecast and drive forecast accuracy supporting the achievement of service, the minimizing of finished goods waste, as well as the effective anticipation of activities from a commercial as well as from an operational standpoint. This will be done through collaboration with the sales, marketing and supply planning teams with the goal of lowering our Supply Chain costs an improving customer service.
The key metrics are 1) Forecast accuracy & bias 2) Finished Goods and materials waste management, & 3) Waste.
You will also be involved in the deployment of new tools or features whether in the planning system or in S&OP (specifically demand review analytical standards)
The Jr. Demand Planner will understand both the Supply chain ambition and deliverables and the overall business plans for sustainable growth, and will be in a position to ensure plans are robust and in line with these objectives. This person is expected to have a strong analytical mind, an appetite for continuous improvement, and curiosity for the category customer and retailers behaviors . The ideal candidate does not hesitate to question things, to propose changes and is ready to change focus & priorities based on the business needs.
- Analyze and generate weekly, monthly and long term forecast based on baseline trending, marketing and sales initiative and market trends. Ensures that forecast accuracy and bias is within target.
- Participate in relevant meetings of the S&OP cycle with Marketing and Sales to identify sales opportunities and bridge the gaps.
- Support end to end portfolio optimization through analysis of SKU performance.
- Ensure integrity of the SAP Master Data file through timely data maintenance of finished goods item codes (active, inactive, NPIs).
- Computes long range forecast for capacity planning purposes.
- Drives improvement of FA/FB which creates positive impact to cost, inventory and case fill.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-3 years of Supply Chain related planning experience.
- A highly developed set of skills in quantification and analysis.
- Proficiency using Excel, and PowerPoint & ideally a planning tool or familiarity with SAP and IBP a major plus.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to deliver complex information to a variety of audiences with impact.
- Creative mindset with the ability to look at a problem with a number of different perspectives and ideas for a solution.
What is the Interview Process?
The entire 3 step process is virtual: 1 pre-screen call with a Talent Recruiter, and 3 virtual face-to-face interviews with team members.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.