Lead Brand Manager - Flora & FoodService (14 Month Contract)
About the Role!
Upfield Canada’s marketing team is looking for someone to lead our newest brand Flora, an exciting Plant Based option targeting GenZ in the natural food channels, as well as lead our marketing efforts across brands (Becel, Flora, Violife) for our high priority Food Service business.
While this is a 14 month fixed contract - This is a diverse and unique role with a broad scope that will require an individual who takes initiative, loves white space and ambiguity and is excited about rolling up their sleeves in digital marketing and other marketing disciplines. Combining brand and Food Service is an exciting and deliberate choice to find synergies and complementary opportunities between the critical restaurant/chef community and building our brands in retail.
This role will report directly to the Head of Marketing for Canada and will work closely with the broader Canadian marketing team as well as North American counterparts. An aptitude and passion for Social, data led marketing, and familiarity with Natural’s grocery channel and food service is a HUGE asset!
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Develop overall communications strategy and marketing plan for the Flora Brand & oversee strategies for Food Service marketing plan – integrating other brand leads into strategy and opportunities (Violife & Becel).
- Work with media agency and colleagues to develop test and scale approach for audience-driven digital media.
- Create and execute custom content with freelancers, agencies and in house.
- Own our branded channel strategy including website and social media handles (FB, IG, Twitter etc.).
- Roll up sleeves and build relationships and activities in the critical and developing the natural’s channel as well as with key Food Service Customers & chefs.
- Provide marketing intelligence insights in conjunction with media agency to synthesize and optimize activities in the areas of paid and owned media (tv, digital, social, website), with an eye towards learning and utilizing our data management platforms to extend our targeting capabilities.
- Allocate brand budget and drive efficiencies on an ongoing basis, working closely with external partners to optimize across and within channels.
- Stay on top of food trends as well as new marketing technology to assist with special marketing projects as needed to leverage innovative channels.
- Key responsibilities encompass Campaign Management, Media strategy, Activity planning, and ownership and planning of budgets.
- Optimize Food Service portfolio of products, assisting in innovation funnel for this channel.
- Creation of assets for Food Service marketing.
- Drive insurgence and plant-based leadership in Food Service helping sales team to drive awareness and buy in of our leading plant-based products to growth their plant-based offerings.
- Collaborating with internal cross functional stakeholders, sales + top out of home customers on business expansion opportunities.
Your Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience (i.e., brand management, digital marketing, media, food/consumer space).
- Passion for food!
- Out of home channel/customer marketing experience.
- Natural channel and/or food service marketing experience.
- Strong financial acumen and P&L understanding.
- High level of interpersonal skills leading cross-functional teams.
- Passion for marketing communication and ability to identify and develop strong creative.
- Digital marketing skills across social, programmatic, CRM, search & paid media advertising.
- Strong analytical skills and passion for deriving insights from data.
- Ability to opportunistically identify avenues for brand growth in emerging channels.
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.