Commercial Finance Analyst / Business Controller
We are looking for an ambitious and passionate Commercial Finance Analyst for our Business Unit Chatit. In this role, you will directly report into the Commercial Finance Manager and various business partners (Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Central Finance Team). You will provide insights and challenge thorough analyzing drivers of brand performance (financial & market) and A&P spend and will help build action plans to deliver on our mission targets and overarching market unit strategy.
About the role
As Commercial Finance Analyst, you focus on the Brand Ambitions for the following year and build sales plans. You work closely with Sales & Marketing teams and act as their business partner on all performance management related KPI’s. You work on the weekly Cash Forecast and the monthly reporting. You support the budgeting and forecasting process and report directly into the Commercial Finance Manager.
Next to the forecasting & reporting responsibilities, you have an active role in the improvement of reporting quality and processes. The main purpose of the reporting tools is to help the Sales & Marketing teams to drive the business to improve. You will work on setting up the tooling, reporting structure, build individual and market reports and work on both the annual planning as well as ad hoc requests. You have also a responsibility to challenge and improve our Gross Margin by challenging Cost of Goods Sold and improving the mix of Sales.
- Build different scenarios through the budget process to allow key stakeholders to see the financial impact of potential outcomes;
- Forecast the A&P spend by month by brand for current year with the Marketing team that links into agreed activity and ROI analysis;
- Working with Supply Chain finance to improve processes and procedures and drive efficiencies. This will include better communication flows, improved integrity in sku costings and driving collaboration on value creation initiatives;
- Understand key risks and opportunities identified with the business and how to mitigate/deliver these options;
- Feed output of ROI analysis into senior stakeholder business decision making;
We are looking for a Commercial Finance Analyst with a bachelor or master’s degree in Finance or equivalent, preferably with a specialization in Controlling. You have a commercial mindset and working experience within a commercial finance position or relevant Financial role within a FMCG/Food organization for at least 3-5 years. You have working experience with SAP S4 Hana and you have excellent Excel Skills (experience with VBA would be a plus). You speak English and German fluently.
Upfield is a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization, we would love to hear your ideas and best-practices on business improvements as well.
As our colleague, you're a great match with Upfield when you are flexible and open-minded, you quickly adapt to changing requirements and you have strong communication and report writing skills. You also have a strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, are an excellent team player and you can meet multiple stretching deadlines.
- Attractive salary and benefits package (For this position, an annual gross salary of at least € 42,000 is provided. In addition, there is a performance-related variable component and, depending on qualifications and experience, overpayment is possible).
- A young, dynamic company with a flat organization structure
- Attractive remuneration and additional benefits (e.g. company pension scheme, employee share ownership program)
- A motivated, friendly and performance-oriented team
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based food company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Becel and Lätta that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our colleagues, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
Please apply below, or if you have additional questions, just send a WhatsApp message to Caroline Weinberg, Talent Acquisition Specialist at (0621688577). I understand your resume might not be up to date, just send me what you have.
If you want to make an impact where it matters, apply now!
#Upfield #Upfielders #LI-CW1