SR Marketing Operations Manager
Senior Marketing Ops Manager – Belgium, France & Netherlands Cluster
[Based in Amsterdam, Netherlands with travel to Belgium and France occasionally]
About You & the Role!
As a Marketing Ops Manager at Upfield you will be the operational engine within the marketing team, the marketing leader focusing on and leveraging all data and analytics to drive growth. You and your team will cover both develop and deliver aspects. “Develop” includes feeding consumer and market insights into the brand teams to build into their plans whilst the “deliver” aspect is focused on being an enabler to the team by focusing on operational excellence within marketing.
This role will ensure that technology and automation are integrated and deployed effectively, funnels are optimized, goals are defined clearly and kept in focus, data is tracked properly, reports are used and insights applied, budgets are respected, planning is actionable, and communication routines are smooth.
Operational excellence comes easily to you – you are just as comfortable with the latest sales by SKU as you are with a discussion on the impact of the instore activation. You love data and know and understand the patterns in data to bring insight to the table. In fact, you are completely absorbed with analysing all data points and instigate an insurgent approach to test & learn to find the sweet spot, to make our business fly. Collaborating well to support the Marketing team by empowering them with the latest data on with market trends and insights as well as and benchmarking analysis to recommend activities aligned to market opportunities.
This is an engaging and hands-on role and the Marketing Operations Manager, therefore, is an individual who is highly capable of operating and excelling at the strategic and tactical positions. You are experienced in working in an international environment and have a good balance of strategic thinking and driving flawless execution of the operations in market. Collaboration to bring the very best result is in your nature – it’s about getting the win for Upfield and our Consumer.
Positivity is in your DNA – high/focused energy drives you and ignites those around you to do great things. Let’s face it, you’re a bit of a magnet for talent…
- Coordinate the monthly and quarterly brand & category reviews– enabling the translation of the available data into insights and working with the brand leads to sharpen and optimize their brand plans based off these insights
- Extract and share market and consumer insights across the cluster to the business teams to build into their growth plans
- Enable the evaluations of marketing activities in collaboration with catman, sales, brand teams and finance – this includes developing the framework, input, output and insights into action plans
- Drive activity ROI - provide the framework and help the brand teams pivot, stop or scale their plans based off the ROI data and business impact.
- Drive the “test and learn” then scale approach with all teams helping them get the infrastructure in place to run with this methodology
- Interface with sales and catman team to ensure full alignment across activity calendar and promo calendar and evaluations including field sales
- Lead marketing input in the S&OP process & ensuring brand activities and innovations are reflected in forecasting with collaboration with the brand leads responsible for those activities
- Lead Innovation Management including project management, business case development, artwork management, post launch tracking
- Lead the marketing part of NRM (Price pack architecture) to unlock margin accretive innovation the to portfolio to enable the business to drive focused and prioritized investment decisions
- Coordinate the annual marketing plan for the following year collaborating with all functional teams
- Best practice sharing across the cluster to ensure all marketing teams are aware of the data, the insights and the results.
- Lead a team of 2 including an operations Manager and operations assistant across the cluster who will be responsible for innovation management, A&P management, artwork management etc
Key skills / behaviours that best fit this role
- Data and insight driven! Strong analytical skills allowing pragmatic solutions aligned to business goals and opportunities
- Fully understand the commercial journey and possess strong financial acumen
- A proven track record in delivering business growth: strategic outlook to define brand targets, sales mix, margin levers and contribution balanced with a hands on approach to make things happen and to turn strategy into execution
- A fast thinker and driven by the continuous improvement. A creative problem solver who can find solutions for business challenges and ensure internal barriers do not get in the way of external success
- Can work in an agile, test and learn, iterative manner as part of cross functional rapid response teams
- A driver of collaboration, can lead a cross-functional team internally, delegate effectively and influence across levels to make things happen
- Regularly challenge your own assumptions and those of your team to improve our work
- Thrive on ‘making things happen’ and seeing ideas through to action, a self-motivator
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, can multitask and thrive on taking ownership to create and deliver impact.
- Committed to delivering on the commitments you make with freedom and flexibility to do your job and deliver the results.
- Good written and verbal communication skills - being a highly interactive and cross-functional position, the effectiveness of both the marketing operations and collaborating functions will be highly dependent on clear and concise conveyance of information and instructions.
Requirements for this role:
- A degree in a business related or technical field, for example, Marketing, Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, Public Relations, or any other related field.
- A candidate for this position must have had at least 10 years of working experience working in a managerial marketing position within a complex, fast-paced, and highly competitive environment. The candidate will also have a proven and successful experience in project management and program improvement, having constructed plans that are demonstrable in understanding critical marketing paths.
- A suitable candidate will also have a proven and successful experience leading a team to the successful completion of a marketing program/campaign from its conceptualization to the achievement of its objectives.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.