Key Account Manager - Metro
Reporting to the Head of Sales, Canada, this position will be responsible for the creation, implementation & communication of the customer plan, trade investment management and application, that delivers the sales and profit targets for the Metro Inc business, both Ontario & Quebec banners, as well as selected regional accounts that are assigned.
- Managing the total customer interface ensuring on-going development and profitable growth on the category (margarine, dairy & vegan cheese) they manage with the Customer(s) they support.
- Leading and participating in the development of the company's Annual Planning process for the designated categories with the Customer. Formulating plans to obtain agreed listings, retail pricing, distribution and shelf positioning. Evaluating customer tactics, plan implementation & recommendations to improve for the future.
- Maximizing sales results at the lowest cost by applying effective sales/marketing strategies, effectively negotiating trade promotions, and demonstrating effective budget management. This includes implementation of tactics that are developed through a shared planning process with fellow account teams, brand, trade marketing, supply chain and field sales, managing account spending efficiently and delivering targets within allocated budgets.
- Maintaining excellent trade relations and customer support for our brands through effective execution of brand strategy in combination with complete understanding of the customer’s unique needs and the marketplace conditions.
You are motivated, and self sufficient in order to grow and own your business! It's not necessary you have Metro Inc. experience and your record achieving annual sales and trade targets within the CPG industry will help you to quickly transfer your skills over.
You show a passion for moving the business forward and are able to build and influence both internal and external relationships, and with your strong financial management and analytical skills, you're able to mine data and develop insights from Dunnhumby and Nieslen sources.
- Proven track record of Sales experience.
- Bilingual English and French speaking, fluent.
- Valid driver's license.
- Potential overnight travel in Quebec/Ontario - as per COVID guidelines.
- Technologically savvy - working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Workstation Plus, Nielsen, and Dunnhumby, an asset.
- Open to any educational background - your Sales experience is valued most!
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.