Operations Manager - Record to Report
Main Responsibilities [up to 6]
- Take responsibility for the accurate performance of end-to-end financial accounting process for all countries
- Ensure effective operation of the 3 tier model
- High standard in customer service – seek and promote to improve service levels, quality, KPIs and targets
Accounting and Reporting
- Support IT in setting up of the new financial reporting systems
- To ensure the integrity of financial systems and the financial operating model, in accordance with established financial policies & procedures,
- Meet external audit requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise and implement best accounting practice.
- Ensure financial controls are implemented across all the 3 tiers
- Identifies key issues proactively and find the right solutions to resolve them
- Identify touch points with other finance teams (Eg P2P, SCF) and ensure that all hand off points are integrated seamlessly
- Consistently challenge the status quo and identify areas for continuous improvement and achieve efficiencies
- Stakeholder Management is one of the key expectations of this role
- Manage the relationship with senior stakeholders in the MCOs including the Controllers and CFOs
- Work with external and internal auditors and mange expectations
- Maintain relationship with the third party services provider and ensure that all deliverables are met
- Set up KPIs, stretching targets and new governance models.
- Recruit talent at WL1
- Lead a highly qualified and motivated team
- Build effective team working and a performance culture
- Drive capability building of team
- Maintain and promote high service culture
- Degree in Chartered Accountancy desirable
- 11-14 years’ experience in core accounting (Controllership/Record to Report)
- Strong Financial Accounting Skills (IFRS knowledge)
- Prior experience of having led a team of accounting professionals
- Prior Experience of having worked in a multi-cultural environment
- Track record of excellent service delivery, fast reaction and crisis management
- Effective communications both written and oral
- Ability to apply professional knowledge in accounting and to make appropriate judgements and recommend solutions
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret problems / data gathered from a variety of sources
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in a changing environment
- Project Management
- Project Management
- Building Talent
- Change Management
- Effective networking skills
- Confident and decisive
- Manage competing priorities in a time sensitive environment
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.