Head of Supply Chain, SEA & FEA
[couple of sentences giving an overview of the role/team you will work with/focus in first six months]
Key skills / competencies / attributes of the candidate:
- High Bias for Action! Mount Everest high!
- Entrepreneurial mind-set! You want to have your own company a couple of years from now! But hack, let’s do this first!
- Proven ability to lead a multi-cultural, multi-functional team.
- Proven track-record of managing distributors with complete rigor and discipline.
- Strong business acumen and organisational awareness. This means, you know what is going on around you at all times. You see BS coming from a mile away.
- Strong stakeholder management skills (which comes with the territory of being a sound and solid senior customer developer). It’s in your DNA.
- The first thing you think about when you wake up, are your customers. You could even say, you are a little bit obsessed about your customers and what makes them tick.
- You feel as comfortable in an office as you do in a pile of mud. From the inner city, to the rural countryside, from modern trade to general trade, from nearby places to far away remote locations, it all equally excites you.
- You like people and people like you (most of the times).
- You can develop a strong and professional team around you that is cut from the same wood.
- You love competitive pressure; you think outside of the box (what box?), you would have been an Olympic Gold Medalist if you were not always working that hard on ever improving customer relationships. Every working hour of every working day. It is what gets you up in the morning! Your passion!
- You are part of a TEAM and you lead a TEAM. And these teams are sacred. They are built on trust and mutual respect. And you respect that.
- Ensure a customer focused approach to create value and build a performance-based culture within the Planning & Logistics activities
- Develop, build and source the capabilities to ensure customer satisfaction and our growth targets are delivered in full
- Build and run the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning process (S&OP) including demand planning, production planning, supplier planning and the integration of our core business partners such as distributers.
- Ensure effective relationships with peer groups and external partners such as 3PL and Co-Packers
- Drive long-term capacity planning in areas such as warehousing, logistics, production and suppliers
- Ensure goods movement costs are optimized in order to drive value creation for Upfield and our customers
- Manage our inventory profile and ensure the right trade-offs between service levels, cost and cash
- Strategy: Develop and agree a strategy for the supply chain, managing the trade-off between Customer Service, Obsoletes and Working Capital within the best-balanced triangle. incorporating the requirements of key stakeholders, the Business Team, and take responsibility for implementing it.
- Capital Expenditure: Prepare and agree annual and longer-term capital budgets and take responsibility for implementation of approved projects for the factory.
- Develop organisation and ways of working to support strategy implementation.
- Culture: Work with Management team to develop a style that enrolls all in the achievement of business objectives.
- Be the key point of contact for resolving all business issues with supply chain inputs/impacts
- A Master’s degree in engineering, supply chain management or business administration
- At least 10 years prior experience in a similar role in a supply chain or manufacturing environment.
- FMCG background a MUST
- A proven track record in leadership
- Project management skills
- Business Strategy formulation and Change management skills
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.