Portfolio & Innovation Manager
The Portfolio & Innovation Manager is responsible for managing all go-to-market projects. This role will lead / be a critical member of cross-functional teams that include but are not limited to: Supply Planning, Brand Marketing, Procurement, Plant Operations, Engineering, R&D and various external entities such as suppliers and 3PM (co-manufacturing).
The Portfolio & Innovation Manager/ Project Manager will drive the management of the overall project or the GTM segment depending upon project, to achieve the goals and meet success criteria of each project. Projects that will be in-scope for this role will include but not be limited to Innovations, Cost Savings, Optimization, CapEx, Graphic Changes and other GTM projects.
This role will be responsible to achieve the project goals within the given constraints, with a focus to ensure scope, time, quality and budget are achieved. They will be responsible for all communications, project documentation, timelines, ensuing financials are completed, and a smooth hand-off at the end of the project to the appropriate team.
- Responsible / Leads all activities of the project team and ensures that project tasks are completed by: facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc.), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client and management.
- Develops, maintains, and disseminates all project documentation including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and postmortem reviews.
- Ensures that all project documentation is produced in the standard format.
- For GTM projects manages and controls project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget.
- Innovation Projects from development through launch on store shelf direct the functions within his/her responsibility and coordinate with various departments to ensure trials, materials and ingredients are ordered / available for trials and production start-up.
- Ensure that the Supply Chain network has the necessary capacities and capabilities to support the innovations launches.
- Development of all materials and processes for documentation to ensure successful hand-off of projects.
- Responsible for raising and maintaining awareness of all project issues, risks, and working with appropriate personnel to develop solutions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 8 years business experience in Supply Chain required, preferably in CPG / FMCG.
- 3+ years’ experience in project management, purchasing, business administration or related field.
- Proven track record/ experience in Project Management, leading complex projects.
- Proven track record / experience of leading / critical team member on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Transportation, Warehousing, 3PL’s and Operations ideal.
- CI/OE knowledge, Six -Sigma, Lean, Statistical Process Control, etc ideal.
- Comfortable handling large amounts of data and understanding of Financial statements.
- PMP Certificate an asset.
- Must have advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills; SAP experience a plus.
You can function in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and individual accountability.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, written & oral.
- Strong negotiating skills.
Apply now and a Talent Acquisition Specialist will reach out to schedule a chat with you.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.